Forum Replies Created

Page 360 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    February 27, 2007 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Balancing colour across multiple clips

    What I would do is create two separate (nested) sequences for your cameras and them use the 3 way color corrector effect on both (or color Finesse if you happen to own the plugin). I honesty don’t think that there is a replacement for manual color correction, even if those tools do exist. Try applying auto level and you’ll see what I mean. Avid’s Auto Color correction, and Color Match maybe a little more advanced, but it’s still a quick and dirty method that rarely yields to consistant good results.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 27, 2007 at 6:19 pm in reply to: how to bypass conforming audio

    Actually in PP2 I believe audio conforming only happens during idle times, meaning it doesn’t affect your editing, unless it is nessasary to the editing itself. That’s usually the case for non-DV footage, and there is really no way around it. You can also export at any time, the conforming will just stop until Premiere remains idle again. 45 minutes for an hour of footage sound a little long, DV usually take about 3-4 minutes per hour on my side.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 27, 2007 at 6:12 pm in reply to: Fields in 24P and then something funny happened

    Yes, using Premiere to deinterlace I believe will cause you to lose have of your temporal resolution. All bets are off as far as quality goes. You will probably also get a very jagged playback in motion areas.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 27, 2007 at 7:22 am in reply to: Fields in 24P and then something funny happened

    I think you will probably notice that your footage is now much smoother 😉

    But not in a good way; by that I mean that Premiere probably interpolated one of the fields, and you basically lost half of your resolution. Maybe other can weight in on this since I don’t work that much with 24P.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 26, 2007 at 6:45 am in reply to: Delete Unused Clips From Bin

    Or simply go to project, removed unused.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 24, 2007 at 4:36 am in reply to: Fields Blending in DV NTSC

    Are you exporting progressive?

    This looks likes interlaced footage that was deinterlaced, or previously progressive footage(as it would could from AE), that was first interlaced and then deinterlaced again.

    Vince.

  • You need to choose Microsft AVI, then under video, choose compression: None.

    The “Uncompressed AVI” codec is only meant to be used for either Adobe Apps or I believe some AJA cards.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 22, 2007 at 5:20 am in reply to: Videographer’s Union?

    The rules in most hotels I’ve worked with allow you to work there if you bring in at least one union employee per non-union employee. Of course, that means you usually have to be an “employer”, but you probably should contact the local union first, the hotel should be able to give you that info.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 21, 2007 at 1:32 am in reply to: Sony XDCAM and XDCAM HD Editing in PPRO 2.0

    Take a look at this thread, as far as I know, not much has changed since.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 21, 2007 at 1:26 am in reply to: Finished project won’t open!

    By “Back-up” do you mean “Auto Save”, or your own back-up?

    Really, I can’t see how all the Auto Save projects would become corrupted at once.

    I honestly have not seen a corrupted project in the last 4 years (of course I’m holding tight on that big wooden desk of mine), and I work on this thing almost everyday, so it would be worth looking at what went wrong….

    Cheers,

    Vince

Page 360 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy