Vince Becquiot
Forum Replies Created
-
Somehow Bessie won’t let me add Andrea Mosaic’s website. So, you’ll have to Google it.
Vince
-
The problem here is that converting interlaced to progressive does cause a subtantial quality loss. I honestly would stick with interlaced, because the majority of people outhere still view DVD’s on interlaced format (any non plasma or LCD screen). Converting your footage to 24 fps is also going to be a quality loss nightmare.
Vince
-
There is a cool little application called Andrea Mosaic. Now, this basically takes a bunch a pictures (specifying how many you want per row or collumn) and it puts them all together to form a new one (that you previously picked). You can probably achieve what you need with that, since if you only give 100 pics and tell it to only use them once, the final image won’t look like much, but you can have literally thousand or more per frame.
Not clear ? Here’s the link… https://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
Other than that, that kind of thing is going to be a real pain.
Vince
-
To give you an idea, I usually charge about $80.00 for 1 hour DV or Digibeta tape, and that’s without menus.
But the best thing you can do in this case, is call duplication houses in your area and see what they charge so that you remain competitive.
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
March 1, 2007 at 5:00 pm in reply to: Walking around and through a “paused” video clip.Although I haven’t seen the particular clip you are referring to, this usually does not have much to do with Premiere. These type of effects often involve hundreds of small cameras recording one frame each, either at the same time, or with a tiny delay around a person (seen in the Matrix). Specialized software is then used to interpolate the frames and recreate the scene in this sort of paused state.
People have also used a combination of rotoscoping and even 3D modeling to achieve a similar effect; either way, it is extremely time consuming.
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
March 1, 2007 at 4:14 pm in reply to: resolution change in imported stills – Premiere Pro 2The original resolution will remain the same no matter what. Just make sure that you don’t use the “Scale to frame size option”, either in your preferences, or by right clicking on the clip.
Vince
-
Yes, let us know how the Windows Media Encoder does on that particular roll. I really don’t do that many rolls, so it may be a combination of rolling speed and font size not pleasing the encoder. Actually, After Effects is pretty picky about that as well, even without a WMV export.
Good luck,
Vince
-
I’m afraid you still have to go the Quicktime route, it is by far the easiest/fastest way that I’ve seen.
I usually export uncompressed from PP2 and let QT do the hard work.
Vince
-
I think the guy who told you that it was hardware related (in Premiere) was either smoking something good, and trying to get rid of you, since hardware really hasn’t anything to do with rendering, except speed…
The WMV export is a little funky sometimes. You guys wouldn’t by any chance be exporting 24P? That’s the only time I’ve had issues there, jumpy footage, etc. The easy way out of this is basically to export to uncompressed and then go download a free copy of the Windows Media Encoder, which gives you many more options anyway…
Vince
-
Vince Becquiot
February 28, 2007 at 12:44 am in reply to: How do I choose the left channel only in audio?Before editing, in your project panel select the clip(s), thengo to Clip > Audio Options > Break out to Mono.
Pick the side you want and drag it below the timeline to create a new mono track.
Vince