Forum Replies Created

Page 107 of 422
  • Ty Ford

    December 6, 2013 at 9:38 pm in reply to: What Backup Procedure for FCPX

    I’ll be sure to pass your regards on to ccc.

    So, chronosync makes your backed up FCPX files invisible to FCPX? That seems to be the issue here. FCPX sees the backup drive upon startup and “gets confused.”

    Ty Ford

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    December 6, 2013 at 4:48 am in reply to: sending to youtube and where did my video go?

    Even trying to pop out an email gets the same results.

    As I look at the directory structure, I also notice that my events and projects now seem to be on by backup drive. I run CCC on this system to make sure I’m backed up every night. There seems to be a problem when I start FCP X up and it notices the backup.

    Regardless, I have in the past had no problems sending files out. This is a new wrinkle. I’ve even done a select all for the elements on the timeline and then done the share. no love.

    Ty

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    December 6, 2013 at 2:59 am in reply to: sending to youtube and where did my video go?

    Thanks John,

    I get an email saying my video has posted, but no love from the player.

    9 hours is a long time for a 7 minute cut to be ready! Something’s wrong somewhere.

    Regards,

    Ty

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm in reply to: Exporting Files

    Thanks Bill, Bret and Brett,

    as a disclaimer, my deep background is audio. I’ve only been working with video for about 7 years. Most of it with an XL2.

    Maybe because I’m shooting 35 mbps HD Quicktime mpeg2. I have a new JVC HM650 and maybe am overdoing it to get the highest possible quality. It does offer h.264. I can’t put my fingers on the h.264 data rate at the moment.

    In audio, any data compression is a bad thing. Maybe I’m being overzealous about that.

    I was hoping that Apple’s Compressor had been tuned up for FCP X, but apparently not. I always found it a but strange. Thanks for the ip about turbo.264 Brett. I take a look at that.

    Thanks a lot!

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 25, 2013 at 3:54 am in reply to: HM650 Firmware 2.0 Update and Live Streaming

    Hello Ryan,

    I have had a lot of good help from Doug Mullin, JVC’s west coast guru.

    He helped me navigate the menus to set up the remote viewfinder in my iPad 3 for my 650.

    Doug Mullin

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 24, 2013 at 10:05 pm in reply to: Exporting Files

    Bill!

    Doing OK this 30 degree day in Baltimore, thanks. How’s yourself?

    Thanks for the tip, I’m not in front of the beast, but will look for selections with smaller raster.

    Regards,

    Ty (momentarily lost in FCP X) Ford

    PS: Is there any truth to the rumor that FCP X happened as the result of a double date between FCP and Joomla twins?

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 24, 2013 at 7:28 pm in reply to: Exporting Files

    It’s a 6 minute piece, when I choose .h264, FCP X say it’s 1.7GB. That’s precisely what I’m trying to avoid.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 24, 2013 at 5:13 am in reply to: Audio frequency of an indoor (hotel) waterfall?

    Hello Vic and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

    The Bad news is that you had a nightmare noise problem. The good news is that the noise source was relatively constant. That makes it a likely candidate for iZotope’s RX2 or the new RX3. Get to know it!

    How bought you strip off some audio and post it somewhere I can download it to see what I can do with RX3?

    Regards,

    Ty Ford,
    Cow Audio Forum Leader

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm in reply to: Looking to expand my microphone arsenal

    Jason,

    I have not done those comparisons, so I can’t really say.

    I’d offer that the SCX-1 HC is flatter than the AT4053b, which has a bit of a HF peak on it.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

  • Ty Ford

    November 20, 2013 at 8:02 pm in reply to: Looking to expand my microphone arsenal

    Justin,

    No. Look at the Audio Technica AT4053b and Audix SCX-1 HC.

    Regards,

    Ty Ford
    Cow Audio Forum Leader

    Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
    Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog

Page 107 of 422

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy