Tudor "ted" jelescu
Forum Replies Created
-
YouTube likes h264, so I would recommend using a f4v/flv preset. In my experience that tends to be pretty accurate color wise.
Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Or you can poke a hole through your layer using a mask, comp it on top of itself and shift 1-2 pixels (the direction depends on the shapes in the footage)
Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Tudor “ted” jelescu
June 9, 2011 at 6:27 am in reply to: out of the rabbit hole- squeeze a photo throught the hole?“just watched the tutorial “
What tutorial?
For the effect you mentioned, I would look into Free Form (comes with CS5)- you can distort the footage in 3D.
Tis may help:
https://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/vfx/3d-paper-crumple-with-freeform/Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Turn multi processing off. You do not have enough RAM for that- you need at least 2GB per core and 1.5GB for bk processes. You should get better results with no multiprocessing.
Also, make sure you have the 9.0.3 update for CS4 and OpenGL off.Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Tudor “ted” jelescu
June 8, 2011 at 5:22 pm in reply to: What is the MOST convincing way to simulate a tracking shot with a 2D element?Track the camera move using Camera Tracker or Syntheyes or Boujou. Position your 2d elements in AE 3d space and you’ll get the best result.
Of course you can animate this just 2d- objects in the front move faster than those in the bk- but why do that when you have 3d (2.5d) capabilities?Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Maybe I’m a bit late in responding to this one, but yes you can. I just did that with a project recently (link below) and I used Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro. You can link the 3d object to a regular 3d layer in AE- thus you get all the familiar controls for animation. You can use AE lights or Invigorator lights (I used the latter) to light your model. You can texture the model in Invigorator. I was really happy with the results- even if I would have liked to have a bit more time to play with some details.
https://reels.creativecow.net/film/jwc-intro-3d-in-aeTudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
If for some reason you do not want to render out of Max a file sequence that supports alpha- like TIFF or TGA, you can always use the Set Matte effect on the main animated .avi and assign the black and white .avi layer as matte using one of the RGB channels (it does not matter which one since the image is B&W).
Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Thanks Walter – I appreciate the feedback, especially the constructive criticism part. And yes, the jet thing is funny…
Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Depending on the budget you should use one of the job forums on the Cow:
https://forums.creativecow.net/newpost/70
(high paying job)
https://forums.creativecow.net/newpost/236
(low pay)Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist -
Tudor “ted” jelescu
June 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm in reply to: Camera Zoom With Vectors Killing Quality! Can’t find solution!Glad to hear that.
A small observation- it’s best to check the “solution” on the post that gives you the answer and not on your reply to it. Makes it easier to find for others.Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist