Tom Wolsky
Forum Replies Created
-
They should be in the Effects and in the Effects menu according to the LBN. There seem to be heavy restrictions though on graphics card, basically it seems to add Motion plugins. You have to have Motion installed and an AGP or PCI graphics card installed that is Motion capable.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
Yes, I see that now Jeff. problem is it doesn’t appear in the Software Update description where you might actually see it. LBN is accessed, most commonly, from the Help menu of the application, after you’ve installed it. I could have checked the LBN before I tried to install it, but who would have known that the download installer won’t work.
Anyway, I’ll find a way around it, as I’m sure every hacker has done hours ago.
Interesting reading in LBN. A very powerful update, with a lot of new features, which really should have warranted calling it 5.2 as many people predicated it would be.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
Once again screwed by the thoughtless, inconsiderate wankers at Apple.
Why the the download doesn’t work from Software Update is some stupid security bullshit, but why they couldn’t just say the frakin’ download doesn’t work is beyond me.
And when the web download fails, you’re hosed. You can’t get another download. It drops out after a couple of KB. More useless security bullshit.
Making the users jump through hoops is bullshit.
Get a clue. The clue train stops at Apple countless times everyday on these forums, it’s long past due someone at Cupertino took delivery.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
Terrific! I might not be able to download it because the download failed because of fapping. I might have to wait till I can get to another location.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
No, it wouldn’t let you install the package you download from Software Update.
I hope to be able to test direct download from the web site, when I can download it. At the moment I’ve been fapped. (If you use DirecWay satellite internet service you probably know what that is. Basically I can’t download for four to six hours.)
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
Are you using version 5.1?
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
That’s what I usually do for most applications. In FCP you download the package, run the installer, and it says you can’t update from this package, you have to use Software Update. FCP’s been doing this for a while, and it sucks.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
Once again you can’t download the package and update from the package. You have to update through friggin’ Software Update. That means every machine has to connect to the Internet and download and update from the net. Could this be more of a pain. How incredibly, stupidly, inconsiderate. Once again we have to move machines, connect to the net, do them in batches so we don’t choke the pipe, just because we can’t download the package, populate the machines and install them from there.
When will Apple get a clue.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
What’s an HDX-200? There’s the Panasonic HVX-200 which shoots DVCPRO HD to cards, or did you use it in DV mode? In which case you need to capture 720p24 with advanced pulldown removal. Edit in a 23.98 sequence.
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs
-
What camera shot this? Is it shot 24p or 24p advanced?
All the best,
Tom
Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs