Forum Replies Created

Page 144 of 247
  • Tom Daigon

    February 28, 2012 at 2:18 am in reply to: Zaph Dingbats or Web Dings?

    Thanks Edward.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 27, 2012 at 7:39 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro 5.5 timecode question

    No TC coming out SDI is what this whole thread was commenting on 😉

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Im not clear. Is the problem when Editing or after exporting?

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm in reply to: slow response

    I would run a test on the drives regardless of what Apple says. 😀

    What color render bars are you getting? Caching is a possibility, but when my system caches, it does it once for footage and then its good from that point on.

    I must admit Ive never come across a problem quite like this.

    Heres a long shot. Try what this link suggest.

    https://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84287.html

    If that doesnt help, read about optimizing your system to make sure we havent overlooked any obvious things.

    https://forums.adobe.com/message/3804339#3804339

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 25, 2012 at 9:54 pm in reply to: slow response

    USB is usually not fast enough for HD, especially running 3 tracks simultaneously Run another test on these drives to see what its performance is for starters. All my systems have been SCSI or SATA which allows the fast transfer speed.Trying to run 3 tracks will definitely demand high performance from all facets of the Mercury Engine.

    Could you clarify this statement? Im not sure what you mean by switch out of the PrP window.

    Once it starts to play, I can jump around the timeline as much as I want and response is instant.

    However, once I switch out of the P Pro window – for any reason – the problem kicks in again.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 25, 2012 at 5:21 am in reply to: Broadcast Export Advice

    John, its a good idea in CS5 to render out any dynamically linked clips in the PrP timeline, in AE.

    By that I mean open up the AE comp, render out the sequence, then import it into PrP. If you load it into the source monitor, you can then highlight the existing (same) AE comp clip on the PrP timeline, then right click, and choose REPLACE WITH CLIP IN SOURCE WINDOW. I do this process all the time just before creating a master because AE renders stuff faster then PrP AND it avoids certain gotchas with AE comps in PrP timelines.

    Dynamic links are great for fiddling around and getting things the way you want, but render and export from AE then import into PrP and replace on the timeline.

    I hope this addresses your issue.

    Clear? 😀

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 24, 2012 at 11:40 pm in reply to: slow response

    Most definitely! You need a raid system with speeds much higher than that to utilize the Mercury Engine and edit in HD.

    https://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/optimizing-for-performance-adobe-premiere-pro-and-after-effects.html

    https://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-5353.htm

    Also I find QuickTime 7.6.6 the best one to use.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 24, 2012 at 9:00 pm in reply to: slow response

    Some questions…

    What operating system are you running?

    Do you have the most current drivers for your Nvidia card (both Nvidia 4000 and CUDA drivers)?

    Have your tried trashing your pres and Repairing your permissions recently?

    What kind of raid are you running. Down from AJA their system tester to see what performance you are getting.

    Run a memory test to see if you have any bad sticks.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 24, 2012 at 7:03 pm in reply to: slow response

    Mark, I have 2 3.2 processors. My Maxx Digital raid tests at 745 MB/sec. for 1080 media. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I know a lot of the newer machines complain of lag but most machines from our time frame (2008) don’t seem to manifest this problem. I know a fast raid is a key component is enabling the Mecury Engine to perform well. As are lots of ram, a CUDA card and fast processors. I must admit, your situation is a bit confusing.

    Can you elaborate on exactly what your performance issues are?

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    February 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm in reply to: slow response

    Mark, I can tell you that I have just about the same setup as you and I have NEVER had this problem. Just so you have a point of comparison. 😀

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 144 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy