Forum Replies Created

Page 135 of 247
  • Tom Daigon

    April 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Andy and Chris, I can tell you that my experience using CS6 with Adobe Transmit & Kona 3 is a totally different experience then Premiere 5.5. Wil can explain the technical stuff Im sure, but as a user its smooth, no dropouts and uses just a regular Adobe sequence now. Thus we benefit from CUDA acceleration. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Truthfully, I was laughing for joy when I tried it out.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 20, 2012 at 9:03 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Deal. 😀

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    In all fairness, I have seen comments from folks on both the PC and the Mac sides that have concerns about certain features performance. It really isnt just limited to the Mac.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 20, 2012 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    FYI Jim, I dont work for Adobe. My views are my own. I am just enthusiastic about the their software. And not very enthusiastic about the Mac. Learn to live with views that may differ from your own.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Lighten up Jim.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Trash Prefs and Repair Permissions is a good start if you are on a Mac.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 19, 2012 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Hey Chris, check this out! I did a Google search and found this thread that might address the playback issue you are experiencing.

    https://forums.adobe.com/message/2783312

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 19, 2012 at 7:37 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Chris, to be honest, I never had that problem with 5.5. Playback issues involve so many factors like… clip codec…computer MPE abilities…raid speed. I can tell you in CS6 you have Continuous Playback. Which means you can loop the timeline to play while trimming or color correcting.Im sure the bug you mentioned would have become apparent while I used this new playback feature.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 19, 2012 at 7:31 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    Chris, I take Walters perceptions with a grain of salt 😀

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    April 19, 2012 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Happy with 6.0, not so happy with the Mac Version

    I understand and respect you and Jim’s POV.

    Personally I think Apples is the real problem here. I dont think the possible demise of Mac Pros bodes well for Apples future in the video realm, other than FCP XXX of course.

    In order to have a strong Mercury Engine, you need a powerful computer.iMacs just dont cut it for me. This is why even thought my old Mac Pro is doing fine, I (like lots of editors I know) are ready to make the jump back to (in my case) the PC.
    I personally dont like Apples marketing plan for the future and dont feel they have my professional needs in mind. Its been a good run with FCP, but for me the writing is on the wall.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 135 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy