Forum Replies Created
-
I think you mean Curt Wrigley.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I think the main issue is actually when you are using the monitor for viewing your video full screen, such as in the case of Hi definition where even the highest-end CRT which has impeccable colorimetry can’t show all the resolution of HD. keep in mind this is a separate issue form whether you are viewing RGB, or Y’CrCb (digital) or Y’PrPb (analog) which are different color scaling schemes. You can use the second head on most display cards to output video fullscreen, but that output will be RGB unless you have a card like the Matrox parhelia APVe or the PNY Quadro FX series cards with the capacity for analog component Y’PrPb out instead of VGA or DVI.
I just made a comment on LCDs on the HiDef forum…with CRTs on the way out-fast, and LCDs not quite up to the job of filling their shoes yet color gamut-wise, a good set of test displays (waveform/vectorscope) will probably be the only real image “truth” available for a while…
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
[Peter Corbett] “Nice to get another good opinion, Red.”
Yes, I suppose that having my noggin in the header makes me appear a little biased…
🙂
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
[Peter Corbett] “Great! That’s all I wanted to hear.”
Me too… 🙂
Seriously, I think this may be one of the AJA cards’ sweetest spots…at least from what else I’ve personally seen out there.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
It’s memory.
Premiere Pro uses a LOT of RAM…and doesn’t give it back willingly…certainly not when it’s handling a lot of stills for some reason.
Marisu Fronc posted a while back that she runs with the Task Manager open (Ctl+Alt+Delete) and the performance tab visible. You should see the page file grow to whatever the magic number is for your system…for me it’s when the page file has reached about 1.7 GB…it’s time to save and restart the app. She also said that when the page file is climbing, you can sometimes change focus by clicking on a window other than PPro (like the task manager you have open) and that will sometimes take the edge off…it has worked somewhat for me.
This is something that Adobe is aware of…not that it helps us today with this version of the software.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Tim Kolb
February 19, 2007 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Lighting temperature Question for a green screen trialI like to light foreground subjects based on what they are being keyed over…I usually light for keying over exterior scenes with 5600K.
For most keying systems, the idea is to make the background as distinct as possible from the foreground…and as saturated as possible. Whatever does this and keeps the foreground manageable (you don’t want to start color correcting yourself from purple or anything) should work, even if the background isn’t a faithful reproduction of the green color.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
OK…read both threads…and answered you on the AJA forum (sorry…I’m the only host over there and I simply missed your post in between two other active threads…)
My take is that something is just simply busted and it’s time for a reinstall. The responses you’ve received as far as troubleshooting the problem have been really excellent, but I think at this point…it’s time to cut bait.
I would uninstall the AJA drivers…then uninstall PPro…then reinstall PPro and see if TIFs and BMPs load properly…then install the AJA drivers and see if they load properly again. If all is good, then it was just a glitch…if not, there’s more troubleshooting to do.
I know it’s a pain in the neck, but this sort of thing does happen…
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
Hi Todd,
I just caught up on the saga over on the PPro forum…
I read the entire thread…actually both of them…I think it’s time to just rip it all out and reinstall.
Sometimes things just need a fresh start.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
I see two AJA folders…was there another card installed and did you completely uninstall the drivers before you installed another one?
I’m not sure I completely understand the issue…are there multiple TIFs loading as one document?
…I’ll check the thread below.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net -
What sort of project is it? How do you get a 280 MB project file?
As Mike states, PPro 2 is pretty well known for having issues with project files of 50-60 MB…even a bit less sometimes. It seems to be a combo of the number of clips combined with the complexity of the edit that do it.
Is the cut pretty much made? Maybe you could use the project manager to trim unused media and cut down the size of the project… Make sure you delete the preview files as well to free up some space.
TimK,
Director,
Kolb Productions,Creative Cow Host,
Author/Trainer
http://www.focalpress.com
http://www.classondemand.net