Forum Replies Created

Page 234 of 317
  • [Dan Nyberg] “Would Prelude be part of the answer?”

    As far as I know Prelude does not capture tapes. Premiere however can capture tapes and I think it had a scene detector too. You’ll need to write the tape name when you change tapes and there might be some third party option for capturing the first frame of every scene. Or do it manually.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 21, 2014 at 5:37 am in reply to: unbeliavable flickering bug in CC2014

    What media are you using? In what format are you rendering/exporting? Have you tried turning the GPU acceleration off? What effects seem to be causing this flicker? Where is the media located (over a network, local RAID, USB stick)?

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 21, 2014 at 5:30 am in reply to: Are these speeds normal?

    [Dan Brown] “just high resolution photos”

    This might be your problem. Although you are scaling the image down to fit your comp, AE is still counting every pixel on those when it’s rendering.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 19, 2014 at 9:55 am in reply to: Can´t open a .prproj in particular

    [alexandre Alonso] “I have asked her, and she tells that she has installed the k-lite codec packs, so I think that it can´t be actually a codec problem.”

    Installing some weird 3rd party codec packs can and will mess up pro softwares.

    [alexandre Alonso] ” Today morning has arrived one of the students telling me that she could´t open the .prproj file at her home”

    Do you have Macs at the school and she’s using Windows at home? I’d try deactivating and reactivating the software.

  • [Kieran Dey] ” I’m sure its not a problem with my RAM as i have 4 gigs”

    Well I’d say it might be a problem with your RAM because 4 gigs is a very low amount for AE use. My jump from 32-bit to 64-bit architechture was pretty much because I just couldn’t work with AE when I was limited with the RAM I had.

  • Have you had to relink footage? If yes then you should tick the “preserve interpret footage settings” box in the link media options. I’ve never had an update modify my project in that way.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 13, 2014 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Are markers written to the media file?

    [Yair Bartal] “Does that mean it changes the original media file or it writes that info into a sidecar XMP file?”

    Depends on what you’ve selected in the preferences.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 11, 2014 at 9:02 pm in reply to: bottom right corner of timeline

    It shows the error log. You might want to click it from time to time.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 11, 2014 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Preparing 1440x1080i HDV for conversion to 1080p / 24p

    [Rune Jacobsen] ” I will have to actually do something to cause it to become 1920, right?”

    Drag the video to the new item button and it should create a timeline with the proper settings. Or you can make a custom 1440×1080 sequence and choose the HD anamorphic pixel aspect ratio.

    [Rune Jacobsen] “But will this actually cause ever so slightly slower video?”

    It will change the lenght of the clip because it’s running slower. Basically it just runs the video at the new framerate showing every frame. It’s not dropping or adding frames. If you have a 24 fps sequence and you cut 30 fps footage in it then it will drop frames, but it will run the original lenght.

  • Tero Ahlfors

    November 10, 2014 at 9:57 pm in reply to: Preparing 1440x1080i HDV for conversion to 1080p / 24p

    [Rune Jacobsen] “(which means 1440, but I also want to widen it to 1920)”

    HDV is actually 1920 wide. It’s just anamorphic HD.

    [Rune Jacobsen] “I want to go for a “film look”, which in my case means 24p”

    Interpret the footage to run at 24fps after you’ve imported and edit in a 24fps sequence.

Page 234 of 317

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy