Forum Replies Created

Page 156 of 594
  • Steve Roberts

    November 11, 2007 at 7:28 pm in reply to: After Effects write error (DPX files)

    Hm. How about Quicktime version?

  • Steve Roberts

    November 11, 2007 at 7:08 pm in reply to: After Effects write error (DPX files)

    Silly question: is the project 16-bpc or 8-bpc?

  • Steve Roberts

    November 11, 2007 at 6:21 pm in reply to: After Effects write error (DPX files)

    Hmph. Odd.

    Can you render to Cineon, and if so, will it be accepted by whomever is receiving the files?

    (sorry, I have no experience with log, so I may be way off base)

  • Steve Roberts

    November 11, 2007 at 4:35 pm in reply to: After Effects write error (DPX files)

    Try 8.3 file format?
    Try writing to a different drive?

  • Steve Roberts

    November 11, 2007 at 2:49 pm in reply to: 30

    I have a 30″ and it’s fine. If I had 2×23″ I wouldn’t have room for the broadcast monitor on my desk. Also, I never liked splitting a timeline across two monitors, and I never really needed to shove currently-unused palettes over to another monitor. With the 30″, I can see them all.

    I’d use the money to get an 8-corre with 16GB of RAM.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 10, 2007 at 2:54 pm in reply to: Bullet whole / splintering wood effect?

    Yep, use shatter. You’ll need to make a shatter map for the splinters of wood. There should be some shatter tutorials on the COW.

    AE doesn’t always give the most realistic results.
    For something more realistic, use a 3D app.
    For something more realistic than that, reshoot with a practical effect on set.

    But you knew that. 🙂

  • Steve Roberts

    November 10, 2007 at 2:42 pm in reply to: Deinterlacing

    No, that’s normal: you should see a video file and an audio file.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 9, 2007 at 9:13 pm in reply to: Deinterlacing

    You must render to 720×480 for NTSC, or 720×576 for PAL.

    I like to render to a high-quality format such as Animation, Quicktime. Then I take that movie into Compressor to make an MPEG-2 movie, encoded using 2-pass Variable BitRate encoding (VBR). Then I import that file into DVD Studio Pro and author the DVD.

    It’s the same for other apps:

    1. render high-qual MOV or AVI from AE
    2. compress in a compression app (compressor, squeeze)
    3. import into authoring app (DVDsp, Encore DVD)

  • Steve Roberts

    November 9, 2007 at 8:08 pm in reply to: Exponential Scale and Mask Shape

    You could paste the mask into a solid and scale up the solid, easing it. Use that solid as a track matte for the photo.

  • Steve Roberts

    November 9, 2007 at 8:06 pm in reply to: focus distance, aperture and zoom

    You might also want to check the Expressions COW. Somebody there might have messed with cameras numerically.

Page 156 of 594

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy