Steve Eisen
Forum Replies Created
-
Erich
Just like your business, Panasonic, and other camera manufactures are there to serve their clients needs. The unfortunate part is, everyone has different needs. As Jeremy pointed out, we are no longer in the one format days. There are many formats available today. I know you are aware of that.
What Panasonic has done along with Sony, Panasonic and JVC is offer cameras in every price range. I attended a Sony press conference a few years back at NAB and that is what Sony’s future goal was.
You are looking for what seems to you as an easy solution. It’s not that simple. On the lower end price it is easier. I loved the 2000 when it came out. I also had a feeling that Panasonic would at some time develop a full size camera that had similar features to the HVX-200. That is why I purchased the HPX-500. The camera has every feature I need without the need to rent or buy any other cameras
I believe Panasonic has done an incredible job. I do not work or consult for Panasonic. I am an end user who shoots and edits almost every day with it, Panasonic offers the most flexibility in their camera options compared to the other camera manufactures.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Shotput is very straight forward. There is no learning curve.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Go rent the movie Timecode!
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Steve Eisen
February 15, 2009 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Thoughts on editing with HD video captured from Blu-ray?It sounds like you would like to try to copy commercial Blu-ray discs and try to edit that footage.
That not legal!
You are going to need to acquire your assets legally.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
The correct way of doing it is to create many sequences per project and BATCH exporting the sequences. Very simple. No need to do it one at a time. It’s learning the correct workflow.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Set an in point and an out point and export (QuickTime Movie, not conversion) each of your so called sequences on your timeline. I would call them segments. That is why FCP allows you to have multiple sequences per project.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Move your media to a different folder and try to open your project.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Steve Eisen
February 4, 2009 at 2:02 pm in reply to: Filming for Slow Motion Playback and FCP HandlingYour camera is limited to shoot ONLY 25 frames per second.
Shutter does not effect the frame rate.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
You’re not using an external monitor?
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
I can second what Walter says regarding Blu-Ray.
Even though the HD DVD format is dead, you CAN make an HD DVD using DVDSP and burn a short HD DVD using your Superdrive.
Ken Stone has a tutorial on his site.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group