Forum Replies Created

Page 325 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 6, 2012 at 9:23 pm in reply to: major issues with color matching

    [Oliver Peters] “and I find it pretty much useless.”

    He’s right, it’s not very good at all !

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 6, 2012 at 8:37 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Mitch Ives] “Do you use the program more than the author of the post you despise? You have no way of knowing”

    Yes I do, and I know this because, as I stated before, and also referred to in my last post, the points he made about editing in FCPX were actually incorrect, not subjectively incorrect but ACTUALLY incorrect

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Mitch Ives] “The rest of your post is completely subjective and therefore doesn’t require any comment…”

    As are most posts on any forum anywhere. If we all thought like that the internet would have a lot less traffic.

    But as I’m on a break from cutting a feature on FCPX at the moment I’ll be a bit more subjective.

    I quote…

    “Because of the way that the program works, you are now limited to editing decisions that are based on a relationship to the first frame of your project. The whole idea of being non linear is things can go where you want them go, and stay there. I can easily work on the end, go back to the beginning, then the middle, etc. That is virtually impossible with FCPX. ”

    Not true.

    “Easy example……lets say you are working on a music video, and the footage has been shot for the “Chorus” parts of the song. There is no way to edit those sections efficiently, leaving black holes for the verses, and going back later. Due to the magnetic timeline, everything wants to insert and ripple.”

    Not True

    “Something as simple as removing a couple minutes from the middle of an edit can’t even be done neatly. If you want to remove minutes 4-5, you need to do the compound clip rain dance, make an edit, and prey to the Gods you can get your stuff to un-compound back into some sort of sanity”

    Not True

    Anything to comment on there?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 6, 2012 at 6:47 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Mitch Ives] “BTW, I continue to impressed with the awesome efficiency with which you can dispatch any opinion that doesn’t align with your own…”

    I certainly can when someone spouts BS like that, see I have actually learned the software and I use it almost every day, I’m pretty sure that gives me a better “Insight” into FCPX.

    Thread is here https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/335/23254#23254

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    January 6, 2012 at 6:08 pm in reply to: Interesting article on using FCPX for Broadcast

    [Mitch Ives] “I also found this one interesting. I figured it would be up here already and being debated:

    https://www.artguglielmo.com/blog/2011/12/24/think-for-yourself.html
    “

    Has already been discussed, many of his observations are incorrect and obviously based on not actually knowing how FCPX works. One in a line of people who don’t bother to learn a piece of software and then making comments about it.

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • [Kevin Patrick] “Now that he is gone, I won’t be surprised if Apple becomes more like IBM and less like Apple.”

    Most of the corporate film work I do is for IBM here in the UK, I’ve made a couple of films this year about their Centennial (on FCPX!) Apple would do very well to learn lessons from IBM as they face their future without Steve Jobs at the helm.

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • [Walter Soyka] “I haven’t figured out who the hammer-thrower is yet.”

    Google and the Hammer will have an ad on it

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Problem is the argument falls down when you consider iOS Apps which certainly “foster innovation through co-creation” If you consider App Developers to be business partners then Apple probably have as many as IBM. Despite the App store being a “walled garden” there is still plenty of room for innovation there.

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    January 5, 2012 at 8:52 am in reply to: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “Editing is a reality – it is required to continue in the same fashion as stage managers, cinematographers, gaffers, ap’s, and the rest of the general stuff –

    in the end… apple may actually be seen to be a particularly heinous, opportunistic entrant.

    One who messed about when desperate, rolled up half of editing, and then suddenly found themselves changing, in scale and nature.

    And they then exhibited not a single duty of care.

    they are a total disgrace.

    I truly mean this: Apple are a sheer f**king disgrace as a company.”

    I see you’ve started your Avid training Aindreas!

    “FCPX Agitator”

  • Steve Connor

    January 4, 2012 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Bunim/Murray chooses Avid

    [Andy Field] “What on earth was Apple thinking?”

    Who knows, but they must have known that they would lose a lot of support in the short term and very possibly the long term!

    I’d expect there to be a lot of stories like this over the coming months

    “FCPX Agitator”

Page 325 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy