Forum Replies Created

Page 308 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    February 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Motion TRACKS versus FCP X Trackless

    [Simon Ubsdell] “Please, Apple, if you’re listening, shut your ears to this stuff!!!!!”

    Agreed, Adobe would’t wrap After Effects into Premiere.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Motion TRACKS versus FCP X Trackless

    [Simon Ubsdell] “I have found that the editors that most fetishise the process are the ones that are actually a bit scared of actually doing the editing. Organization becomes a displacement activity rather than anything of any actual value.)

    Your audience, whoever they may be, is not going to give you brownie points for a beautifully organized Event Browser.”

    My favourite comment of the week so far!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm in reply to: The New Blackmagic Desktop Video 9.2 Beta 3

    Is anyone using this? There isn’t much feedback on here about how the various Broadcast output options are working with FCPX

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm in reply to: Motion TRACKS versus FCP X Trackless

    [Simon Ubsdell] “To my mind, it is the repeated and highly vocal demand over the years for an uber-app to replace Final Cut Studio that has been behind Apple’s thinking with FCPX. Gone are STP and Color, and I don’t think anybody who knows what they’re talking about could say this is an improvement.
    “

    I’ve been working in Motion this week and I forgot what a powerful tool it was and how relatively easy it is to use, I hope they continue it’s development.

    Fortunately Resolve has filled the gap left by the EOL’ing of Color and I’m desperately hoping the next version of Logic will replace STP.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 23, 2012 at 4:00 pm in reply to: Motion TRACKS versus FCP X Trackless

    [Simon Ubsdell] “And I think the FCPX model with its insidiously seductive data management tools makes the danger of losing track of your material all the more acute. There’s clearly even more of a sense in which the organization takes the place of the actual editing. There is a real potential for false confidence, confidence that you’ve rejected, and selected, the right stuff and you can start the edit from that point – without going continually going back.

    For me, and it’s just a personal judgement, editing is essentially one process from start to finish and it’s a process that involves continuous evaulation – and more importantly re-evaluation – of the material.

    That’s why I’m not sure that FCPX is necessarily a force for good in all this!
    “

    Perhaps, but the skimmer gives you such a great way to view ALL your footage very quickly that for me it makes it much LESS likely I miss something, even when I’ve organised footage before the edit.

    I also think the new timeline is fantastic for experimenting with edits and crashing things together to see what works and what doesn’t, before you start the edit.

    I’m just about to finish the first cut of a feature I’ve been working on. I planned to organise all the media before I started, but once I began playing with shots on the timeline, things just moved quickly and I’ve ended up hardly logging any of it!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm in reply to: FCPX to Motion App

    Just about to give it a try, I’m in the middle of a project with some Motion work in!

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm in reply to: Motion TRACKS versus FCP X Trackless

    [Oliver Peters] “So if tracks are “good” in Motion (which many artists would question), why are they “bad” in FCP X? If the idea is to get rid of tracks, wouldn’t it also have made sense to change Motion to a node-based compositor akin to Shake?”

    Perhaps they might, I get the feeling that Motion may still be in transition, the lack of roundtripping with FCPX makes no sense.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm in reply to: audio in FCPX

    [Bill Davis] “But I believe that in saying “Audio Mixing is one of the worst aspects of FCP-X” Oliver is being accurate from his particular perspective, but misleading many who’s needs are more general.

    Do not come away from this thinking “FCP-X can’t do quality audio.” Because it most certainly can.

    In fact, a lot of us who’s needs are more general are finding that it’s BETTER at basic audio than Legacy.
    “

    I would agree, FCPX is fine for a little more than just simple stuff.

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Steve Connor

    February 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm in reply to: xdcam files import

    Have you downloaded the codecs using the “Download additional content” command in the File menu of FCPX?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

  • Have you tried another track just to confirm it’s the original track causing the problem?

    Also can you convert the track from iTunes to a 48K AIFF file to see if that works?

    Also is it track purchased on iTunes?

    Steve Connor
    “FCPX Agitator”
    Adrenalin Television

Page 308 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy