Forum Replies Created

Page 117 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    May 1, 2015 at 5:45 pm in reply to: The Mother of All NLE Demos

    [Claude Lyneis] “Like stepping into a time machine.”

    I started on a 2 machine U-Matic suite!

  • Steve Connor

    April 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Randy Ubillos retires from Apple

    I have nothing to say on this, but I just wanted to add the “R” back into Randy’s name 🙂

  • Perhaps the biggest performance gains are on the older systems?

  • I wonder how long before Apple decide to acquire Motion VFX? That would be quite a library to give away and a great team to be working in Pro-Apps

  • [Dean Neal] “for PPro fanatics”

    Shouldn’t that be PPro “tenants”?

  • Steve Connor

    April 25, 2015 at 8:57 am in reply to: Randy Ubillos retires from Apple

    [Carsten Orlt] “If any of what you say is true than how come that I’m happily editing on a 7 year old Mac Pro (early 2008) updated to Yosemite and FCPX 10.2 without any problems??”

    Me too, I have emails on my system that date back to my Bondi Blue iMac too. I’ve had no issues with Apple’s steamroller approach to pushing forward.

  • Steve Connor

    April 24, 2015 at 1:01 am in reply to: Randy Ubillos retires from Apple

    [Oliver Peters] “OTOH, Randy is due his retirement. There are few folks who can claim to have developed three different NLEs from scratch (Premiere, KeyGrip/FCP, iMovie/FCP X).”

    and I hope one day he writes a book about it

  • [Robin S. Kurz] “And a little birdy tells me, that they (CoreMelt) are working on getting the tracker to work with masks AND the 3D text! So it should become interesting.”

    I do hope the bird is right 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    April 18, 2015 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Robin S. Kurz] “The one with the most tabs and windows wins? Well, I don’t see it that way. At least certainly not in the context of the FCP X interface. Though I would move the scopes out of the canvas window, as I’ve said before, but that’s pretty much it. I find the whole personalization thing highly overrated (and often a tedious pain when its not solely your editing station), which was ever so true with e.g. FCP 7, but to each his own.
    “

    The ability to save your own workspaces makes multi-user easier and more options surely have to be better than less options.

    But as you say each to his own

  • Steve Connor

    April 18, 2015 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Robin S. Kurz] ” I haven’t used the most recent versions of PPro very much, but if nothing has changed, then I don’t see how you could unclutter IT anywhere near as much as this. But I could be wrong.”

Page 117 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy