Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    April 18, 2015 at 4:17 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    Solved it!

  • Steve Connor

    April 17, 2015 at 10:02 pm in reply to: One of a thousand posts with some 10.2 info….

    [TImothy Auld] “Apple has very little penetration in the enterprise market. I know this for a fact. They has about 8% of global enterprise spending on computers and hand held devices, the vast majority of that being devices.
    “

    I do a lot of work with IBM who have recently partnered with Apple to develop enterprise Apps, apparently it’s going very well.

    Since BYOD has started becoming prevalent I have noticed that there are more iPads and MacBooks than ever in the businesses I visit.

  • Steve Connor

    April 17, 2015 at 4:38 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Oliver Peters] “For those of you complaining about the PPro interface, you do know that you can open and close any of the tabs and save custom workspace layouts (not possible in X), right? “

    Very true, PPro’s interface is MUCH better than it used to be, it is possible to keep it much simpler and call on layouts when you need them. I wish FCPX had more options for this

  • Steve Connor

    April 17, 2015 at 8:02 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    Strangely enough I don’t really care if the interface looks like it’s for beginners, or what they call the elements as long as it functions the way I want it to.

    I’d rather the “toy” interface of FCPX than the never changing 1980’s Avid interface!

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 10:11 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    [Oliver Peters] “The Resolve UI designers like X (BMD has said as much) and have been steadily copying it for several versions now. I suspect this is as close as they dare to go.”

    One of the presentations mentioned they had some ex-Apple people at BMD now

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 9:02 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    [Scott Witthaus] “Not yet. Low on the list right now. Is it at least a little better than R11?
    “

    Apparently it’s a completely new engine under the hood, if the demo videos are anything to go by it looks very fast

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 8:07 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    [Scott Witthaus] “Agreed. And not quite ready, either.”

    Have you had a chance to play with version 12 then?

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 8:00 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    [Charlie Austin] “and quick to do really nice looking titles and compositing in-app. I’m sure everyones mileage will vary on that list. 😉 “

    I agree, but keyframe editing isn’t so great in FCPX, Resolve 12 has an excellent keyframe editor, oh and a 3d tracker built in and an amazing keyer by the look of it!

    Smart bins also go some way towards the search capabilities in FCPX

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymboYl4ikI

    I don’t know, if the performance is improved, then this looks like software I’d be happy working in.

    Of course the people that think that the magnetic timeline renders all tracked timelines redundant then it probably won’t be of any interest

  • Steve Connor

    April 16, 2015 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Resolve 12

    [Scott Witthaus] ” The less “trips” my project needs to make the better, in my opine…”

    Exactly – Resolve offers Editing, finishing and what looks like some nice audio tools all in one package.

    Needs 3D text though obviously

Page 118 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy