Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    May 30, 2015 at 8:46 am in reply to: 10.2 update

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “After google IO you’d run to google photos.
    Unlimited photos and unlimited 1080P video storage baby. that’s quite something.”

    Yes it is, for Google, think of all that data of yours they get from it. if you don’t mind the big G data mining all your pictures it is quite something.

  • I don’t know about the iMac but PPro works very well with the Radeon card in my 2008 Mac Pro

  • Steve Connor

    May 20, 2015 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Are NLEs like bicycles?

    [Scott Witthaus] “That said, IF a Media Composer job comes my way for any reason (and I haven’t seen freelance MC jobs out my way in over two years), I am sure I can easily get back into the swing.”

    I spent years working on Avid, and I struggle badly to get into the swing of it on the rare occasions I have to!

    Premiere to FCPX is a breeze

  • Here you go Herb – might help

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGf5Oar3H5I

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • [Mitch Ives] “The second one is that when some people, who apparently found out about the EOL, snapped up the 160GB models and started selling them on eBay and Amazon at quite a premium. Used ones were selling for more than they cost new. That doesn’t happen with product that “nobody wants”.
    “

    Well obviously some people still wanted it, but presumably not enough to make it viable. There wasn’t a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth on the web when it did die. Most people had moved on

    Although I think the numbers on the Touch aren’t so great either, it hasn’t been updated for a few years. Perhaps the launch of “Apple Beats” might see a new version of it.

  • [Herb Sevush] “Music I need to own. I need to know that if the apocalypse comes, as long as I can find electricity, I can listen to Otis Redding. When the juice goes, so do I.”

    So presumably you own ALL your music on CD or vinyl?

  • [Mitch Ives] “Nice move Apple. I’ve heard the rationalizations about HD’s being unavailable. Am I supposed to believe that a company that buys up entire runs of components for several years in advance, screwed up on this? BS!
    “

    They weren’t selling, Apple stopped making them, every consumer goods Company in the world does this.

  • Could have been worse Herb, you could have owned a Zune!

    iPod Classic death was marked across most of the tech sites last year, wasn’t big enough news to hit the mainstream media. Failing Apple e-mailing everyone on their mailing list to tell them I’m not sure what more they could have done.

    The Classic had been going for almost 14 years and the Touch was clearly the replacement for it, they ran them both side by side and they kept going with the Classic much longer than everyone expected.

  • Steve Connor

    May 16, 2015 at 10:54 am in reply to: The Heading for this forum Needs to change…

    [Aindreas Gallagher] “any modern VA editing system that has modes, the manipulation keyframe timeline, and god knows what else growing out of every clip like an elephantiasis tumor top hat is maybe not completely on the money yes? And then there’s the square tomato colour wheel. Surely the thing is that X is so insanely moronic in so many odd ways.

    to get a proper colour corrector in X you have to float the window or have the plug in GUI interfere with the scopes. X feels so weirdly determined by its physical shape. And apparently apple are loathe to alter it. so you have a grey strip with the most ridiculous timecode reader god ever invented. maybe there is a floating timecode reader now.

    tens of thousands of editors are going to land on apple, out in the world, with both feet, for X, until the sun goes cold. Apple went up their own ass on simplicity, rigidity and the in house hothouse, some people followed them. Also have they successfully split temporal and spatial smoothing options there in the last release because I’m not totally sure. Just take a moment and look at that keyframe system architecture.

    No, I’m really not joking you. Seriously – try and look at it steadily for more than ten seconds.
    “

    You’re funny

  • Steve Connor

    May 15, 2015 at 4:38 pm in reply to: The Heading for this forum Needs to change…

    [Dennis Radeke] “1 – The forum title, “FCPX or Not: the Debate” never makes the statement that FCPX is a toy. It is individuals and particular threads that do that.”

    Very well put Dennis.

Page 115 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy