Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    June 3, 2015 at 6:18 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Robin S. Kurz] “[Mike Warmels] “Tell me then how to make an MXF broadcast mate from FCPX? ”

    Well gee, I would… IF ONLY YOU HAD THE MOST CURRENT VERSION. Oh right… please, continue the endless circle, won’t you? Remind us why FCP is clearly the problem here, not anything else. We keep forgetting.”

    It is a little odd moaning about problems that have already been fixed.

  • Steve Connor

    June 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “Most NLEs have a scrolling timeline. Lots of people find it useful including me.”

    Perhaps now Apple seem to have improved the redraw of icons and waveforms, we might see a scrolling timeline appear in a future update?

  • Steve Connor

    June 3, 2015 at 2:57 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “And I fin it bothersome to go to a different program…well, bothersome. Let’s just say I find it totally Unprofessional. FCP7 used to be able to do it, so why not FCPX.”

    I assume you are being forced to use FCPX as you seem to find so much of it “unprofessional”?

  • Steve Connor

    June 3, 2015 at 8:04 am in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “But AVID’s mediamanagement system makes the media work very direct plus a lot of effects and stuff are real time in the sense that it either is really REAL time or doesn’t stutter, like FCPX does when effects ae involved.”

    If you set playback to “better performance” you shouldn’t get any stuttering at all. I get none on my 2008 MP even after applying CC and other filters.

  • Steve Connor

    June 3, 2015 at 8:00 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Mike Warmels] “Is it so strange to want your playhead in the centre when you stop playback? AVID does it, Premier does it, FCP7 did it… When I start changing things I’d like to see what clips are before and after the spot I want to change.
    “

    Not quite sure what happens on your system but when I stop playback in FCPX it centres at the point I’ve stopped

  • Steve Connor

    June 2, 2015 at 9:23 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Ewart] “[James Culbertson] “My guess is most editors don’t care one way or the other. They are either using it or not.”

    My guess is your guess is wrong.
    “

    My guess is that a lot of Editors aren’t using it partially because of the name change, however I think most Editors who are using it don’t care very much

  • Steve Connor

    June 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Ewart] “Yes. I have to communicate with people audio, colourists, finishers.
    “

    So give us an example of how confusion may arise when communicating with say a Colourist?

    [James Ewart] “One language is simpler. Pointless inventing another. Immature.”

    I agree, it does seem stupid to change the name, I’m just finding it difficult to see how it’s a major problem.

  • Steve Connor

    June 2, 2015 at 9:02 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Ewart] “For you maybe but it is a pretty major issue for many of us you might agree?”

    Timelines being called projects is a major issue for you?

  • Steve Connor

    June 2, 2015 at 9:01 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Culbertson] “It probably did take me an extra 5 minutes to absorb the different terminology, and a day or two to understand the new interface and some of the major workflow changes. It took me awhile to get up to speed, but no more than when I started editing on AVID after working tape to tape, or FCP legacy after working on AVID. But I only have 20 years experience editing, perhaps if I had 30 or 40 years of experience I might feel different. I totally understand the irritation with the changed terminology, but this really feels like it is being dragged out of proportion.”

    Agree with this entirely.

  • Steve Connor

    June 2, 2015 at 2:35 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    Good grief, it’s just a name, there are many things to think about in this business, what Apple decided to call a timeline isn’t really one of them.

Page 114 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy