[tad newberry] ” i’m curious, too, why they default it the other way”
I guess they had to set the default somewhere – if you make a square or rectangle that is 100 pixels high then the default value works perfectly. If you bear that in mind it’s easy to work out the right numbers for your chosen shape.
Don’t forget that if you want something different as a “default” that you can easily call up, you can set the Gradient to how you’d like it and then save it as a preset using the Save Gradient option in the Inspector.
[tad newberry] “Now, i’m looking for a quick easy way to have the edges of a photo or images fade off to transparent all around the edges in Motion. Any ideas on that one? Of course, i’ve played around with making a mask, softening the edges, etc., but it seems like there oughta be a quicker way???”
It’s pretty quick to select your layer, select the rectangle mask tool, drag it out to the shape of your image, then feather the mask. I can’t think of a quicker way I’m afraid.
Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com