[Petter Stahre] “Superb! Very interesting, since I’ve experimented a lot with finding the best keying software for FCPX.
I tend to use PHYX keyer mostly and sometimes the built in keyer.
But after this tutorial I might try Motion and make my own. It will be very interesting to see the forthcoming tutorials.”
Thanks, Petter.
The Phyx keyer is pretty good from what I’ve been told, but even if you have access to the best keyers around, it’s still extremely useful to know how to key in this fashion.
Even the awesomely good Keylight is sometimes not the perfect solution to a tricky key, or not the solution on its own – and then these techniques can save the day.
Every keying situation throws up different problems, so the more weapons you can have in your armoury the better prepared you’ll be.
Incidentally it’s really useful to know how to make procedural garbage mattes (covered in the next part of this tutorial) as well as Holdout Mattes as shown in this one (included in some versions of Keylight but not in most commercial keyers). You’ll save yourself a ton of time if you can get these to work and get a better key most of the time.
Anyway, thanks very much for watching 🙂
Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com