Forum Replies Created

Page 2213 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    December 7, 2005 at 12:14 am in reply to: DVCPROHD Pipeline and Online Question

    First off, if you are shooting with the Varicam, and editing DVCPRO HD…then there is no compression from tape to system. That is the resolution on the tape…and the resolution you will be working with. No further compression.

    I will be offlining using the DVCPRO HD settings…I too am editing a documetary shot with the Varicam, as well as HVX-200s when they come out. But we will be onlining uncompressed 10-bit HD out to D5, as that is the requirements for delivery. Onlining isn’t the right word…upconverting. No recapture, just uprezzing, as there really is no difference if we upconvert and render with the Kona card and if we re-capture SDI, and I’d rather upconvert…saves time and also avoids any re-capture issues.

    My workflow and HD research is all laid out at http://www.lfhd.net

    -shane

  • Shane Ross

    December 7, 2005 at 12:09 am in reply to: preparing for the hvx200

    I am editing DVCPRO HD and am using G-Raids with no problem. I am using G-Raids primarily due to the workflow of needing these drives to be portable as capture drives on location…because of the P2 cards. I would have preferred to get an external SATA Raid…and suggest you do so.

    But the G-Raids are fine. I use them, Walter uses them, and I know of 3 post facilities that use them for DVCPRO HD and uncompressed 8-bit work.

  • Shane Ross

    December 7, 2005 at 12:06 am in reply to: FREEBIE! Apple Motion FILMSTRIP template

    Thank you very much Peter. You are too kind.

    -shane

  • Shane Ross

    December 6, 2005 at 8:48 pm in reply to: HD Final Cut Pro systems rental in LA

    The DR Group. http://www.thedrgroup.com

    (Who said editing was easy?)

  • Shane Ross

    December 6, 2005 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Equipment Advise

    Sorry for the blank post…my toddler hit the keyboard with her stuffed hippo.

    Save your money on the Apple 23″ and get the Dell 2405 24″ LCD. Cheaper, and BETTER (www.barefeats.com/lcd)

    For HD work you are going to need a RAID of drives…8 drive SATA RAID minimum…not just one or two external SATA drives…but a RAID tower. And really, for uncompressed HD work a fibrechannel RAID is recommended.

    Look at my profile to see my setup, for mine is currently set up for DVCPRO HD and uncompressed SD work. For uncompressed HD work, I am looking at getting a Kona LH and Fibrechannel RAID array.

    -shane
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    December 6, 2005 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Equipment Advise
  • Shane Ross

    December 6, 2005 at 4:09 am in reply to: Score one for AVID

    Natively? Wow.

    I knew it could before, just capture it all at one resolution…15:1, 2:1, whathaveyou.

  • What type? How is it connected? How is it formatted? What speed is it?

  • Where are you capturing the footage? Separate hard drive, or the system drive?

  • Shane Ross

    December 6, 2005 at 12:04 am in reply to: no apple/z shortcut

    Sounds like a corrupt sequence. Copy all your footage on that sequence onto a new one and save.

Page 2213 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy