Forum Replies Created

Page 126 of 245
  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 14, 2008 at 8:23 pm in reply to: Cross Posting “Best Practices”?

    You will likely get a great response from posting it in the Kona forum and asking there, and see what happens. I’ll bet you get your answer. If you don’t then try adding it to the IO forum a day or two later. Give the guys time to answer.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • [Jeremy Allen] “It was more a comment about having to wade through a bunch of useless, snide remarks, of which I’ve seen many here. As a proponent of “More Signal, Less Noise”, I thought you would agree.”

    Hi Jeremy,

    I just did a test of a search on a topic and came up with a bunch of answers. It took a while to find a snide remark. Sure they exist but it’s not like it is the bulk of what is the COW. If it were, the traffic would die and people would quit coming.

    I have also seen the same question get asked with the subject answered not one or two threads below the new inquiry. That too is noise and telling people that the search engine is useless and that they shouldn’t bother is more noise — in my opinion.

    That was why I took issue with your statement, although I do agree with the principle of most of what you said.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 14, 2008 at 2:56 am in reply to: How to create AE tutorials

    There are four answers:

    1. Mac = Snapz

    2. Windows = Camtasia

    3. In the links that are just below your post’s text body, there are links called “Related THreads” and there are answers there.

    4. The search engine can be used for “screen capture” and “creating tutorials” and other related keywords.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 13, 2008 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Photograph Separation Effect

    You can also check out Adobe’s dynamic media guru, Bob Donlon, who in his blog covers the effect at

    https://blogs.adobe.com/bobddv/2006/09/son_of_ben_kurns.html

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 13, 2008 at 1:35 pm in reply to: Pricing

    As Walter and Robert have pointed out in addition to our first instructional email to you explaining that this topic is covered in much detail if you use the search engine, I would also point out that in the “related threads” — inside your own post just below the text of your question — are links to posts that include the keywords found in your subject line. Our mechanism automatically generates them and while they are not always applicable, often they are if your subject lines are indicative of what your question is.

    Our search engine works and the forum here is full of long discussions on “rates” and “pricing” and since there is no magic bullet in these matters, you are going to have to do a little work of your own.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 11, 2008 at 3:38 pm in reply to: EX-1 aerials

    Hello Kieran,

    Been a while since I’ve seen you online, I hope all is well with you and the family.

    Douglas Spotted Eagle in our HDV and Sony Vegas forums does a lot of aerial shoots and I know he has an EX-1. You might try asking there in either of those forums if no one pops in with an answer here.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 11, 2008 at 3:33 pm in reply to: so what’s going on in Trapcode website?

    Hi Itamar,

    You can now click the link and it will work. There was a parenthesis at the end of the address that caused the link not to work. I removed it so that when people click it now, they will get the movie not an error page.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 10, 2008 at 5:28 pm in reply to: A rain ripple effect on a layer

    [Joey Foreman] “That should have read – ‘Find a Wave World tutorial online.’ I broke my no posting before daily caffeine intake rule.”

    Hello Joey,

    When you post, you have 30 minutes or until the first person replies to your post to modify and edit your post. Inside your post, the gray box with the links and the search field will contain an “Edit Post” link just below the links for “VIEW POSTS • ADD A NEW POST • SEARCH • CHANGE FORUM”

    It will only be there in your own posts and only for 30 minutes or until someone replies to your posts.

    Rather than add posts correcting the previous post, you can simply edit your own posts.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 9, 2008 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Blue screening with blue shirt … ?

    [Dave LaRonde] “Just as you wouldn’t try to green-screen Kermit The Frog, this guy doesn’t belong on a blue screen. You have to re-shoot. You can NOT salvage this video with chroma keying software.“

    I couldn’t agree more, Dave. The second I opened the original question and saw the image, I immediately thought that a well-lit green screen would have worked. But blue? Not a chance.

    Gray hair, gray in the shirt — not to mention that there is actually blue itself in the shirt — will all work against a successful key shot against a blue screen. Green would have been far better.

    As you said, roto or reshooting are the only two ways out of this one that I can see.

    Note: For those bumping into this thread later using the search engine, first let me congratulate you for using it and add that when keying, look at the colors that are in your shot and find the color that is not there, use that for your keying color. Things do not have to be blue or green only. I once set up a shot with a red screen and keyed on that. With the power of today’s keying software, you can do a lot of things that earlier means of keying couldn’t do in days past.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 8, 2008 at 8:16 pm in reply to: Posting issue…

    Depending on subject matter, some threads get reassigned to other forums, such as the After Effects Basics forum, the After Effects Expressions forum or the new Video-Copilot forum.

    If that happens, the responses move along with the originating post.

    If there is some other issue, feel free to write me at ron@creativecow.net and I will look into it for you.

    Ron Lindeboom

Page 126 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy