Forum Replies Created

Page 116 of 245
  • Are you using export from something 3rd party say like Telestream’s Flip4Mac in demo mode?

    To me, it sounds like you have a 3rd party codec that is expired.

    That is where I’d start the diagnostic process.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Since Kevin gave you such a great answer, there isn’t much to add aside from the fact that make sure you buy your RAM in certified/matched pairs.

    We recommend Other World Computing who sells certified RAM that meets and beats the Apple spec, they are at https://www.macsales.com and they have great prices, as well.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 21, 2008 at 12:43 am in reply to: COW Tutorials: After Effects Building a 3D World

    No, because it involves some rather advanced techniques that if you know them, then you can create what you see in Bill O’Neil’s tutorial. It is an advanced tutorial, not a beginner or even intermediate tutorial. Sorry. This is one you have to work up to.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 20, 2008 at 3:37 pm in reply to: FCP destoyed my original footage.

    [ed sully] “But hey, were all human here, if i had paid for an NLE system for the same price that i could have built five windows equivalents, i would be pretty defensive too. But i’ve learned something today thanks to all you fine gentleman, its not apple your defending, its bad decision making.”

    Ed,

    I just ran into this post when you tried to get your anti-Apple crap going in the After Effects forum and so I began digging into some of your past posts and found this.

    I am going to give it to you straight: You damaged your own files when you (to quote you) “spent a few days breaking it up and decided to apply 16:9 letter box effect to get a better idea of what i had to work with.” You damaged the files by overwriting them. FCP does not do this — EVER.

    And don’t call me an Apple fanboy or your words will be your last. You see, I use both PCs and Macs — oh, and own a dozen Linux boxes to boot. I could care less whose system I am on, it’s all just silicon, plastic and a bit of metal to me. I have NEVER found a perfect OS but I have also NEVER found a nonlinear system that overwrites the source files — that takes a human to do that. And as you did say “hey, we’re all human here,” I would recommend that as the origin of your problem. As the old adage goes: It’s a poor workman that blames his tools.

    But I notice how quick you are to throw away the feedback and experience of those whose resumes (both individually and collectively) far outweigh your own.

    What you are wanting people to tell you is that you didn’t f*** up, but you did. It was your fault and in all the years I have spent building forums (which just passed 13 years in June of 2008), I have yet to find ANY nonlinear editing system that EVER overwrote its source files. You did that when you “spent a few days breaking it up and decided to apply 16:9 letter box effect to get a better idea of what i had to work with.” You slowly, meticulously and industriously destroyed your own source footage — one “break up” at a time. (Don’t ask me how, as I wasn’t there, and I do not know your workflow — but I will guarantee you did it as NO nonlinear system works that way or ever overwrites the source files.)

    If you wish to find the source of your problem, run down to WalMart and go to the housewares department and look for a mirror. Hold it up and look into it. There’s the problem.

    Oh, and try the anti-Apple troll garbage in this site EVER again and you will be gone. I tire of fanboys very quickly — no matter whose KoolAid they are drinking.

    Lastly, I know many of the people that replied in this thread and tried to help you. Their combined broadcast output accounts for many network series, documentaries and other fare. To treat them as idiot fanboys shows that your agenda is NOT to find the truth and solve the problem, but is rather to be a problem yourself. We do NOT tolderate that around here, Ed.

    Keep that in mind the next time you decide to pull something like this and insult those who are trying to help you. Oh, and keep in mind that I do have 13 years of building communities and when I want to “disappear someone,” I have built the tools that allow me to lock you out of ever seeing the COW, let alone post to it.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    co-founder, creativecow.net

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 20, 2008 at 2:58 pm in reply to: AE on new Mac Pro Quad-Core painfully slow

    What’s the point of a post like this, Ed?

    We would ask that you keep this kind of stuff off the boards.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 18, 2008 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Welcome Don Greening!

    [Don Greening] “Here’s hoping I can keep up with an industry that changes almost weekly.”

    Weekly? When did it slow down??? ;o)

    It’s great to have you here, Don. To be honest, I started seeing you and your comments many years ago and it’s good to see your involvement here grow over the years. It’s an honor to have your place on the team grow yet again.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 15, 2008 at 5:51 pm in reply to: After Effects

    [Lav�nia Albuquerque] “…but as you don’t know nothing about History even from your countries, i will teach you.”

    Lavinia,

    Please lighten up. I know plenty of Europeans, Asians and others who would not care to compete with this American on the subjects of world history and geography. I am a VORACIOUS reader and love to learn about disparate cultures. I regularly surprise tourists who come here to visit, when I hear them talking and can tell them from their accent not only the nation they’re from but often the area/district and dialect they are speaking. Sure, I get skunked some times but I get it right as often as not. My wife, Kathlyn, would tell you that many of them are amazed as they too think all Americans are as stupid as the propaganda that the media feeds them — just as we are sold a mountain of crap here by our own media. Don’t believe everything you hear on television about all Americans being idiots. Sure, we have our idiots but I have little doubt that the same holds true in every country and culture around the world.

    That said, Dave was joking with you.

    With my last name, Lindeboom, I get plenty of heckles and comments over the years. In my family’s homeland of the Friesland in the Netherlands, it is an honorable name. Here in the USA, it is a funny name and people regularly make fun or comment on it. I can live with that, as it is also an unforgettable name and once people hear it they rarely forget it. I have used that to my advantage over the years.

    One of humanity’s greatest attributes is its ability to laugh at itself. Too much of the world’s ills can be laid at the feet of the fact that we take ourselves far too seriously than the facts usually justify.

    Besides, we like Bugs Bunny here at Creative COW. Welcome to the COW and to a crazy bunch — some of us are even crazier than others. ;o)

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Like Bogiesan, I recommend getting Aharon’s DVDs and locking yourselves away for a couple of days watching them and discussing the tutorials. At just $29 to $39 each, you’ll spend more on the pizza and beer than you will on the DVDs. But whereas the pizza and beer will just make you fat, the DVDs will make your brain fat — and as dear ole Dad used to say: “Fat brains are worth carrying around, far more than a fat a..” — er, um, posterior. Yeah, that’s what he said, “…posterior.”

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 15, 2008 at 4:01 pm in reply to: What happened to Profound Effects ?

    [Bob Bonniol] “Anybody know what happened?”

    Here are some of my guesses, Bob…

    The biggest issue was lack of broad appeal and too small a market to be able to support operation. Long ago we shut off the Profound Effects forum due to lack of traffic there and when we did, I do not think that a single person (aside from members of the company themselves) ever wrote asking what had happened.

    Companies like Profound Effects and Algolith made great tools but they had too small a market or too high a price, respectively. PE never really found its footing while Algolith’s business model was such that they were designed to operate as companies did back in the mid- to late 90s. When companies like Trapcode came along, the plug-ins market changed radically and even companies like DigiEffects struggled. PE tried a new marketing model that was innovative but was too far ahead of where the market was at, at the time. Profound Effects never found their market, while Algolith priced themselves out of what would likely have been one for them.

    Compounding issues like these were the acquisitions made by Adobe itself and integrated into After Effects as part of the package. With AE shipping with near-endless numbers of plug-ins, just how many plug-ins do many people need anyway?

    One of the saddest plug-in deaths I remember was the death of AutoMasker. Even with AE’s multiple masks and other features added since v5, AutoMasker still had features that went beyond anything there to this day.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 14, 2008 at 3:39 am in reply to: COW’s page layout

    I thought you were suggesting a lessening of the ads, Bob.
    Sorry to have misread you original suggestion. That’s what I get for trying to do ten things at once. ;o)

    On the suggestion of a lighter header, I really didn’t want the cow so small — Bessie should be bigger. Also, having her pinned up to the left and above the interface as it is now was not something I really wanted but we were in a hurry and so I let it go at the time. As you say, bringing the topmost elements into the image instead of floating above it will cut the better part of two-thirds of an inch from the top.

    I’ve wanted to tighten up the upper part of the frame for some time and I will move that tweak of the design further up the priority stack.

    Gimme a bit to make it happen. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Page 116 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy