Forum Replies Created

Page 115 of 245
  • The tutorial is there. I just clicked on it and it works as it should.

    I suspect that you have something wrong on your end as it is playing fine here.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 9:27 pm in reply to: Massive quality loss on import – Due Friday

    [Chris Wright] “Many, many people in other forums talk about this, but since you guys are adamant, I’ll relent and not bring it up again.”

    If I were to take this comment at face value, I would be left with the impression that the people in this forum are just stupid. Either that, or that the people in this forum know something that the others don’t know.

    Yes, we have a lot of newer users here but we also have a LOT of working pros who have been at this for many years. If this were a common problem as you espouse, I am sure it would come up here on a regular basis. It doesn’t. Well, except for one or two people whose experience seems quite contrary to the massive body of evidence experienced by the “body aggragate.”

    As David Bogie points out, it may be a localized issue that some people have just not worked through.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 9:18 pm in reply to: Massive quality loss on import – Due Friday

    [david bogie] “Never could do that with Animation-based clips unless the version is hardware supported as on Ye Olde Media 100, which wans’t really Animation but a realtime proprietary codec that supported alpha. Man, I loved that thing.”

    Or the ye olde SLOMO engine from the old NUBUS-based Media 100 — no one has still to this day created a slow-mo engine that is as easy to use, as quality in output and that makes a slomo that is as convincing to the eye of the audience.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Slow and flakey render

    We are in the process of giving up, as human nature seems unstoppable and people can look at the posts on a board and still not want to bother to read them and will post the exact same question that is one or two posts from the top of the forum. Hence, Dave LaRonde’s Stock Answer #1 and it’s near unassailable position as the most posted answer in the history of the COW.

    We have been thinking of writing a “postus interruptus” (to butcher the Latin) script that sees certain words and highjacks the post before it goes up and will offer certain common questions and answers.

    That is the only thing that would work.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • [Jake Kemper] “Also, they made me sign up for an account…”

    Yes, we are an evil bunch here at the COW: imagine, having to create an account to post — what’s next, having to use real names?

    :o)

    Mister Evil and the Bovine Minions

  • The reason people are likely not jumping on this one, Travis, is this question has been asked and answered many times. Look up the word NVIDIA or ATI in the search engine.

    Congratulations and enjoy your new machine.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 4:33 pm in reply to: Massive quality loss on import – Due Friday

    [Chris Wright] “Animation is a buggy codec, dropping frames and such. Also, file sizes are ridiculously huge and impractical.”

    I have been using the Animation codec since 1994 when I bought CoSA After Effects 2.0 and I have never had any issues with using it. Never, in many hundreds and hundreds of times of using it.

    With the cost of drives what they are today, the file sizes are of little consequence. They were long ago but today they are such a minor inconvenience as to be of no issue to nearly all of the pros that I know. Why the size seems so important to you, I simply do not understand.

    If you don’t like something, that is your prerogative and your right. But espousing it as gospel is misleading…

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 4:05 pm in reply to: Exports Freeze/Jittery

    [Dave LaRonde] “WILL YOU QUIT DEALING IN MISINFORMATION?”

    Thank you, Mr. LaRonde.

    :o)

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 24, 2008 at 2:56 pm in reply to: Cool viral marketing campaign

    I am thinking of making a video of how the new 3G iPhone not only pops corn but also butters it and creates the bowl. If you get the 16gig model, it even cleans up after you.

    Imagine!

    But wait, there’s more! If you call now…

    :o)

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 22, 2008 at 12:59 am in reply to: Boot Drive: 7200 vs 10000

    The guy wanting to sell this to you, Laurie, is going to tell you how easy it is. I recently ruined a Mac laptop because it was so “easy” to swap drives, DVD burners, etc. — and I have been building and updating machines for 20 years.

    Unless you are really comfortable, I wouldn’t do it if I were you.

    Get a dealer to do it.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Page 115 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy