Forum Replies Created
-
[Simon Ubsdell] “a recognised authority on FCP X, you might want to have a look at this:”
Wow, thanks Simon. I totally hadn’t seen or noticed ANY of that until now. What an eye-opener.
Never mind that I never once questioned Bill’s competence in any way shape of form (let alone use his name), nor was that even vaguely the point. But hey, never mind. I get where it’s coming from.
– RK
Edit: Oh, actually I did leave his name in. My bad. Selected too much text upon quoting. Oh well.
Edit 2: Either way, I don’t see how any of your links are even vaguely relevant to teaching/learning in a classroom (i.e. the actual subject at hand). Because… they’re not. But again, never mind. It was never about him. And never mind that he himself responded nearly the exact same way in response to the same post. -
[Herb Sevush] “This has been part of the standard two headed argument “FCPX is very easy to learn, young students pick it up right away” combined with “well if you tried FCPX and didn’t like it, it’s because you didn’t give it enough time to learn it thoroughly because you were trying to make it work like your last NLE and you have to unlearn your old habits.” Apparently FCPX is both way simple and way complex, depending on what point you’re trying to make. “
No, actually you just have to understand it in context. Never mind that I (and others) clearly differentiated between experienced editors i.e. people with any type of previous experience with an NLE and complete tyros. It only appears contradictory when you (conveniently?) forget to differentiate. In which case ANY experienced user of ANY one app will generally have more problems with ANY other similar app that sways too much from what they are used to, most likely even EXPECT. For simple reasons of muscle memory alone. There’s a huge difference between a “What??! Why??” reaction and an “Oh… I see” in terms of ability and/or willingness to learn something new. There is absolutely nothing FCP X specific about that.
[Herb Sevush] “Bill Davis has repeatedly said that it takes months to truly master FCPX in all of it’s depth and that it is especially hard for experienced editors who have to first “unlearn” so many of their old habits.”
Right. Because the one opinion that suits your argument is the only possible valid one and the measure for all others after that. Got it.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 28, 2015 at 4:51 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TL[Jeff Kirkland] “but that’s like using an elephant gun on a mouse. There must be a more elegant solution.”
I’m sure there MAY be, too… in theory. But after too many years of doing this, and doing that, trying this and trashing that, updating this and reinstalling that… to then end up doing what? Yes, reinstalling the whole shaboodle. Ergo: more elegant is only the actual solution, which is clearly useless if don’t know what it is.
If the resetting of the windows does it, great! But put another way, this is already day two of him searching. So how could two HOURS (if even) of reinstalling be less elegant? 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 6:44 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLJust for the record: Apple has neither the least bit interest in nor gain from any of your data. That’s not the business they’re in. It’s merely there for integration purposes, i.e. to make using a Mac even that much more attractive. Google et al on the other hand…
Good luck!
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 4:52 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLHow are you installing certain apps WITHOUT the cloud?? Apple?? Adobe??
And as long as APPLE is on the servers front panel, I have ZERO qualms about using it. GOOGLE or certain others on the other hand… nevah evah.
To each his own.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLAside from the fact that I was clearly speaking only of the OS itself, I don’t have a bazillion apps that I need IMMEDIATELY, no. But the ones that I need most I can either easily have installing from ONLINE in the background with a few clicks, and all the rest of my needed installers I have on a NAS, yes. Total reinstall, maybe 1 hour… again, 90% in the background. Considering how much time I would have lost if I hadn’t reinstalled due to my issues and frustration… completely negligible.
Everything else essential syncs itself from the cloud also. An occasional “oops, forgot that” happens for a few days… so what. YMMV
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 4:20 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLThe OS, yes. As in “format disk and reinstall”.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLTime? Yes. I recently had to do it myself and it took about 20 mins. (download time for the installer not included). But as far as FCP is concerned, if you’re moving back to the same version and you remember any plugins or custom Motion work, then I don’t see anything to be worried about. But that’s obviously for you to decide.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
February 27, 2015 at 3:38 pm in reply to: Delay in pressing play and start of material on TLThen I personally would surmise that it’s not in fact an FCP issue and a fresh install of the OS is your best if not only bet, before you go on a week long witch-hunt, and nip matters in the bud. Little sense in running circles around the problem. 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
I would recommend following what Philip outlines here to the t:
Especially if you have a lot of events/projects. If say 3 or less, then you could simply use the “Update Projects and Events” command in FCP, yes (assuming they are at the top level of your disk).
Then concretize your knowledge on the matter of libraries with this: https://www.rippletraining.com/fcpx-features.html
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Vimeo framework” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.
