Forum Replies Created
-
Robin S. kurz
April 18, 2015 at 5:37 pm in reply to: x 2 (because I was told by the cow that I couldn’t use so many caps[Charlie Austin] “Not the ridiculous, over the top stuff, but subtle, like this:”
Exactly! Same here.
What some clearly don’t seem to grasp, is that it doesn’t even have to have DEPTH! It can just as well be flat or just have an ever so slight extrusion with a tiny bevel that makes for a few highlights, maybe a little bump map, and the title ups in value exponentially. Of course the mere fact that FCP has it surely doesn’t contribute constructively to some people’s objectivity, let alone unbiased take on matters. 😉
Never mind the endless titles I’ve seen over the years (and still do) where people actually scale their title WAAAY up and back down for the classic “come from behind” effect… *facepalm*… which looks so utterly cheesy. I’m sure they’re totally bummed that they now can have it in fact come from behind…
But I guess some are also just accustomed to using everything as-is in a lazy push-button fashion, ignoring the endless creative possibilities that a “90’s” feature like that gives you, if you’re clever and creative enough to use it and not just jump on prefab templates?
Strikes me as one of those “Aaaah dang them whipper-snappers and their fancy-shmancy three-dee gizmos! I ‘member when we’z had to walk 58 miles through the snow to our titles and…” moments. ;-D
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Oliver Peters] “you do know that you can open and close any of the tabs”
You mean like this?
Or would closing the viewer and/or timeline, too, pose some sort of advantage that I’m not aware of? I haven’t used the most recent versions of PPro very much, but if nothing has changed, then I don’t see how you could unclutter IT anywhere near as much as this. But I could be wrong.
[Oliver Peters] “Another beauty of the PPro interface is that it has huge advantages for developers, because custom panels can be created that are integrated right into the UI – also not possible with X, that we know of.”
Erm… I think you may want to read up on FX Plug 3? It’s actually very much possible and is being done all over the place. Some integrated, some modular. Their choice. The fact that many aren’t doing it or haven’t (yet), doesn’t actually mean it’s not possible. You can develop unique plug-ins that include onscreen controls and custom UI elements—all running seamlessly in FCP. The custom window API gives you a window to draw into which looks like other windows in FCP.
[Oliver Peters] “I do agree that Apple’s changing of the terminology was a poor move. Trying to use their language in discussions and training around X and editing are very confusing to old and new users alike. “
Funny how I have yet to hear so much as a single student (we’re talking a near 4-digit number over 4 years) say that X’s terminology is somehow incomprehensible or confusing to them. I explain Library, Event and Project (that I’ll even interchangeably call “Timeline” anyway… so?)… done. Never once has anyone, of any experience level, asked me what I meant by any of it. Ever.
Go figger.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Waaaaay back in the day when any amount of disk space actually meant beaucoup bucks, I would occasionally use ref movies. That is, until I realized that using them would eventually, sooner or later, lead to a completely useless clip, once so much as one frame changed in the original referenced clip/timeline/whatever.
But since even TBs of space can barely be expressed in cent amounts in terms of of cost nowadays, I would neither see any point nor advantage to using them, nor do I miss the possibility even the least bit. And I’m pretty sure that they would only wreak massive havoc and discontent, since I’m fairly sure the vast majority of people that were to use it (that haven’t been in the business for a minimum of 10+ years) wouldn’t even know what it is (just like a seeming 99% of FCP 7 users btw) and only find out the hard way… when it’s too late.
How is it that AFAIK no other NLE offers it either? I have a sneaking feeling…
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
April 18, 2015 at 2:47 pm in reply to: x 2 (because I was told by the cow that I couldn’t use so many capsAaaaaah yes. The obligatory, trollish loaded question. *sigh*
[Bill Davis] “Is the problem that while they’re clearly listening to their customers, including Hollywood and large scale national operations – those customers just aren’t YOU? “
I’d say that pretty much sums it up, yes.
And yet, you’ll oddly be seeing 3D titles and elements popping up all over the place in the next few months, wanna bet? Even though others have had it for so long: Hmmm… what does that tell you? 😉
Never mind that that is only one of many new features and improvements… that of course no one needs. Probably because no one else has anything like it to begin with… so how could it possibly be useful, right? 😀
Is X the perfect NLE for every and anyone, with or without updates? Um… nope. Spoiler: there isn’t one elsewhere on the market either and never will be.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
There’s an easy way to find out. Select the clip IN THE EVENT and check which keywords were assigned (twirl down the clip’s triangle in list view) and whether or not to the entire clip or just a selection by selecting it/them. I’m of course guessing the latter. In which case you must have obviously assigned it that way, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
It’s not a bug, it’s a (brilliant) feature… 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Something tells me that you’re looking at a KEYWORD RANGE (i.e. a “subclip”) in a keyword collection in the first image, not at the MASTER in the Event/Library.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Sounds to me as if your issues are anything but FCP’s fault.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
No, you can’t. But this is in fact a feature I already asked for right after I first saw them. Until then I simply pull any pre-made SCs from a template Library which automatically copies them over. Put in a request.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
The Apple Watch is no exception. 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Douglas K. Dempsey] “rather than the popular and dismissive barb of calling FCPX “iMovie Pro.””
Well, yes. Anyone with so much as half a technical clue will know, that X and iMovie had absolutely nothing to do with each other on a technical/code level until v10, where iMovie in fact followed X and not the other way around. Anyone actually (still?) obtuse enough to make that “observation” is merely committing an ad hominem book-by-its-cover judgement and only embarrassing themselves. 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!
