Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 195
  • [Scott Witthaus] “Will these start to eliminate the need to go to Resolve?”

    That obviously depends entirely on your actual needs. Color Finale is clearly no comparison to Resolve past a certain (low) point.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • [Brett Sherman] “which is not something Mocha tracking is set up to do.”

    Not sure if you’re talking about the “actual” mocha tracker (which it in fact is set up to do that i.e. has a camera tracker) or TrackX. But if TrackX, how would you need a “full camera tracker” to track titles? You can already track titles with TrackX.
    https://youtu.be/-tgD5tfasuk?t=4m41s
    (this SHOULD start at 4:41)

    You could even do it with Motion’s POINT tracker if you like for that matter.
    https://youtu.be/mWwZPRIyeWc?t=18m35s
    (and this at 18:35)

    Only in that case NONE of your tracking points (assuming you have more than one) can of course leave the frame.

    Being planar, even the current TrackX does a superb job in comparison. Only the perspective of a 3D title won’t change during the track, which obviously looks weird. That’s the only missing part.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Dude… that’s all SO 90’s! No one wants or needs that kinda crap. Realtime and fully customizable?? Pffff… oh puh-leeeze…

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • [Aindreas Gallagher] “They chose to lead with nineties 3D brass glint photoshop titles four years in.”

    https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-79.html

    Yeah… totally 90’s. No one wants that kinda crap. Especially not in realtime and fully customizable. Couldn’t agree more.

    – RK

  • [Steve Connor] “I do hope the bird is right :)”

    Well… let’s put it this way: the birdy works there. 😀

    It may even be public knowledge, just not sure, so I ain’t namin’ names. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Big check on all points also, Ronny. Great write-up!

    And a little birdy tells me, that they (CoreMelt) are working on getting the tracker to work with masks AND the 3D text! So it should become interesting.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    April 19, 2015 at 4:20 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [David Berez] “. . we don’t want to learn anything new and that YOU, BILL DAVIS are the apothesis of the new age, fluid, open, flexible, inviting to new young guns”

    Erm… in comparison? Yeah, I’d say so. I’d also say he pretty much hit the nail on the head. Some people just can’t take the mirror when it’s held up.

    [David Berez] “I don’t need my editing interface to be exceedingly simple to make the lowest common denominator feel welcome.”

    Oh right. It’s not an elitist thing. Gotcha. 🙂

    [David Berez] “I just need it to fast, stable and powerful . . . which thankfully it is.”

    Huh? Now I’m confused.

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    April 19, 2015 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “Your experience of teaching students is hardly representative of an industry but you seem to stake some claim to authority.”

    Aside from never having even suggested that nor did I speak of “of an entire industry”, when you have taught several hundred people, then I’d say you, too, may consider yourself an “authority” as far as NEW LEARNERS are concerned, yes. The actual topic. I was merely sharing my personal and what I think to be comparatively extensive experience. No idea how that could qualify as “disrespectful” to anyone by any stretch, sorry. Rather ad hominem imho.

    And that’s completely aside from the fact that I’m far from the first or only person to make that statement or observation. I know e.g. Scott feels the same way and I’m fairly sure Bill has reported similar experiences. I don’t recall you questioning their motivation. Hmmm…

    An easy 30+% of my students are highly experienced editors btw. As I already alluded to, but you appear to have missed. Many switchers, “curious veterans” and a fair amount of newbies, yes.

    I also have no idea what could possibly be so “confusing” about the simple terms Library, Event and Project, sorry. Unless you can tell me of another NLE that uses the exact same type of hierarchy/organization and has some other established, industry-wide nomenclature for it. And if Project is too confusing for you, simply call it TIMELINE like I do… and you apparently already do also. So? “Library” and “Event” are THAT obscure to you? What are you going to call them? Project and Bin? Sorry, but they’re not. They are FAR more complex than that, which is why THAT would in fact be completely false and misleading. Oh the irony. A new paradigm requires new terminology. If everything were in fact the same, then you could stick with what you had… but it’s not.

    I simply find the notion that the three words somehow pose some sort of actual, perceptual hurdle as far as learning FCP X. A very slippery slope and a true fallacy of false cause imho, that’s all. If that’s your biggest issue (i.e. big enough to actually waste any time on pondering) with X, then I’d say you’re in pretty good shape! 😀

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    April 19, 2015 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Went back to 10.1.4 :-{

    [Mark Morache] “I wouldn’t say that Robin. I reinstalled my old spinning hard drive that came with the mac, and I had the exact same problem.”

    I wasn’t implying the disk in particular was root of the problem. I’d say the setup as a whole is a tad too dated. The fact that video demands the latest and greatest to work properly isn’t X specific. But you seem to be on the right track as far as that’s concerned. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    April 18, 2015 at 5:47 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Steve Connor]….”

    Well then, there you go. So then I guess I don’t know what we’re talking about. Merely the fact that being able to undock and randomly shuffle things around at will being a supposed “advantage”? The one with the most tabs and windows wins? Well, I don’t see it that way. At least certainly not in the context of the FCP X interface. Though I would move the scopes out of the canvas window, as I’ve said before, but that’s pretty much it. I find the whole personalization thing highly overrated (and often a tedious pain when its not solely your editing station), which was ever so true with e.g. FCP 7, but to each his own.

    – RK

Page 108 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy