Forum Replies Created

Page 100 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    July 16, 2015 at 9:35 am in reply to: Issue about image not returning to original size

    I’d say there is no way to know exactly what is going on without seeing the actual project.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    July 15, 2015 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Animating Replicator not possible.

    Does the above just fine here with keyframes. No idea what you could be doing wrong or differently.

    Is this what you mean?: https://tinypic.com/r/2hoy1qs/8

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • I most definitely would not go with a luma-key for something like that.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • [Chris Knight] “For some reason I get a very slight echo from the lav mic but the other mics are ok.”

    Then I’d say one of your audio tracks is simply that little bit out of sync with whatever other audio is playing. Shouldn’t simply deactivating e.g. the camera’s audio fix it? You don’t want them ALL playing ALL the time, do you?

    [Chris Knight] “And I’m not sure how to make audio syn better once the a multicam clip has been created”

    Simply DRAG? Or select any given track and hit comma/period to move one frame left/right. Hold the OPTION key and comma/period will move the audio by 1/80th of a frame in either direction.

    You may also want to consider this: https://www.rippletraining.com/products/final-cut-pro/multicam-editing-in-final-cut-pro-x/

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 30, 2015 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Interesting new tool “FCPXTRA”

    Aha. I just got an email from the developer (who, on a side-note, also did “Final Cat Pro” btw… yes, CAT. :D):

    “Hello,
    not to bug you, but yesterday fcpxtra.com went offline…”

    So there you go. The reasons can be so banal sometimes. 🙂

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 30, 2015 at 8:08 am in reply to: Interesting new tool “FCPXTRA”

    [Bret Williams] “Does fcpxtra.com work for you?”

    Well, if it didn’t work for ME, I obviously wouldn’t have posted it. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 29, 2015 at 5:14 pm in reply to: Interesting new tool “FCPXTRA”

    I kinda HALF agree. 😉 Using the dictation with this is actually not at all fumbly. You have quick and easy access via a shortcut that places the dictated text into the right field without having to select it etc. With SHORT phrases/clips I would agree, but with longer ones, lots of dialog and having to do it over and over I can see this actually being pretty great. And you have to take tabbing/clicking from field to field and dragging and dropping this and that into account. It can really add up. And I for one can’t type as fast as the dictation and in fact already use it often for taking notes and for naming favorites (it’s a simple, predefined shortcut available in any text field, as you might know). It’s amazingly accurate. In both languages I use it in.

    But I agree that it probably doesn’t save THAT much time on a whole for just everyday use, unless maybe you’re really dealing with a HUGE amount of clips that need the same kind of treatment, like I said. It really primarily helps with creating and assigning the keywords (with nifty icons). The dictation part is available/possible without the plugin either way. If someone doesn’t actually know that, then they’re likely to think they’re getting some amazing new functionality with this. 😛

    I just thought it was an intriguing concept either way and really shows what is possible with FCP if you put your mind to it and connect some (existing) dots. If only we could get Apple to do the same… only better. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 22, 2015 at 8:55 am in reply to: Motion 5: Layers order preventing 3D depth

    Exactly. Unfortunately there is no GLOBAL 3D in Motion (yet?). 2D and 3D objects live in their own space. For what you’re trying to do, you’d need e.g. mObject or any other 3D package of sorts.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • [Gareth Randall] “It only takes a few moments extra to get the project into Motion 5 from FCP7, which I’d hardly call an “exponential” increase.”

    But then I wasn’t referring to getting it out. I was referring to what inevitably (and imho unnecessarily) lengthy workflow you have AFTER that, since the project file itself is of no use to you unlike in any other aforementioned combination. In comparison I would certainly say exponentially, yes. Especially, god forbid, if you ever need to change anything at any point after it’s in your timeline.

    [Gareth Randall] “And no, I don’t use publishing or rigging, but I do like the fact that Motion 5 is a true 64-bit app and hence can use all my RAM.”

    A rather ironic concern, seeing that FCP 7 on the other hand can only use a whopping 2.5 GB of whatever RAM you have installed, yes. 🙂

    [Gareth Randall] “I do much more processor-intensive work in Motion, which is why I’m not so bothered about FCP7 only being 32-bit.”

    Only that Motion uses about 90% GPU for nearly everything it does, not CPU. CPU power is pretty much at the very bottom of the list in terms of performance relevance with Motion (especially) and FCP (X).

    But hey… whatever works for you! I was just curious if my suspicions were correct. 😉

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 12, 2015 at 10:42 am in reply to: How can I now install v5.1.2 on my MacBook Pro?

    If you have already purchased it, then you just simply need to click INSTALL. The MAS will see you don*t have Yosemite and tell you the latest version you can install is 5.1.2 and will do just that.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

Page 100 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy