Forum Replies Created
-
That happens when you have clips in an edit that didn’t completely import. Trash those clips and reimport them and it should be fine.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Some of this is a bit out of date but basically:
https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1879718&seqNum=3
ps- welcome to FCPX, Ty!
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Yeah I’d look into a bit of infrastruture improvement- PhotoJPEG as a codec is really low efficiency. H.264/AVCHD/MP4, etc offer a lot greater bang for the buck at similarly lowish bitrates.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Possibly via Compressor. That said as a ‘native format’ PhotoJPEG is less than ideal and ProRes a far better format. Very lossy, rough on color fidelity, not very compatible with playback devices, etc.
Unless you have some sort of playback device that requires it you’re much better off getting out of PhotoJPEG as quickly as possible as a codec.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Hmm- this is pretty subjective. To my eyes I see nothing really egregious or that couldn’t be fixed with some color correction. Skin tones look within what I’d consider normal, at least in the images you’ve attached. Maybe you could draw some arrows on these images to show the specific area that’s concerning you?
I have heard of some folks saying the GH4 looks a bit more yellow cast than they’re used to so perhaps it’s just the sensor’s image that you’re not a fan of. Still I’d think with a good monitor you could easily create a preset that is more to how you’re like to see it.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
-
Noah Kadner
September 20, 2014 at 2:41 am in reply to: I cannot “open a copy in motion” mostly if the wipes transitionsYou can certainly recreate most of them in your own way but yeah some of these are not originally Motion projects.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Noah Kadner
September 20, 2014 at 12:46 am in reply to: Using UBUNTU based Lap Top to download the Panasonic GH 4I have little experience with Ubuntu machines but if I had to guess I’ll bet this is a long, lonely road. What I found on Google was-
https://www.ubuntulinuxguide.com/the-best-video-editor-for-ubuntu-12-04/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AVCHDNoah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Pretty much the same on any camera- grain= underexposure. I see zero noise shooting outdoors with this camera in sunlight. The moment I get indoors in lower light at pretty much any ISO- grain will be there. The only way around this is to bring lighting into the equation.
Even a decent LED mounted into the hot shoe will go a long way toward suppressing grain. And having a fast lens, preferably a prime. A slow zoom + low indoor lighting will get you huge amounts of grain.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training -
Lasso or Timeline Index are pretty much all you’ve got to work with.
Noah
FCPWORKS – FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training