Mylenium
Forum Replies Created
-
[leejam99] “is this video a very complicated advance AE production that could only be done by someone with great expertise or is this something that I should be able to figure out?”
It’s pretty complex, so it’s probably not the kind of project to get a beginner going and at least for the 3D elements you’d need some extra help. ;o) Anyway, a good point to start is to learn how mattes in AE work and how they are used. Most of the paint blotches and streaks are used for this type of transition effect. So imagine for instance you have some white paint and let it drip onto a black canvas. If you filmed this, you could use this as a luma matte. A way to create outline effects was explained in a video tutorial by Aharano Rabinowitz not so long ago. If you look it up here at the COW, you’ll again be a little closer to re-creating the video’s effects. For the growing vines refer to Jayse Hansens tutorial. As for the moves – there isn’t really any camera, I’d say. It’s more or less the keyed protagonists and the other elements being pushed and scaled on screen and timed to give the illusion of camera movement.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
[peter stenhouse] “Well Peter. you can simply go to “window” and select “the Smoother” it will do exactly what you want. However you may find that the footage will “sit in” better with all the bumps as the contrast between smooth and bumpy footage maybe too much.
small flowers crack concrete”
*lol* I was going to suggest this as well. You could also use multiple trackers, each slightly offset from the feature you use and then average their results using expressions or a script.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
[peter stenhouse] “Well Peter. you can simply go to “window” and select “the Smoother” it will do exactly what you want. However you may find that the footage will “sit in” better with all the bumps as the contrast between smooth and bumpy footage maybe too much.
small flowers crack concrete”
*lol* I was going to suggest this as well. You could also use multiple trackers, each slightly offset from the feature you use and then average their results using expressions or a script.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Search the forum, these procedures have been discussed many times in the past (though mainly the other way around from PAL to NTSC).
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Apply a text animator for scale to your text layer. Keyframe it to your liking or use this simple expression to connect it to your Sphere radius:
sphere_size=thisComp.layer(“Sphere”).effect(“CC Sphere”)(“Size”);
sphere_min=0; //minimum allowed size of sphere
sphere_max=10; //maximum allowed size of sphere
text_min=0; //minimum allowed scale of text
text_max=150; //maximum allowed scale of texttext_size=linear(sphere_size,sphere_min,sphere_max,text_min,text_max)
[text_size,text_size]
You may wanna check how the size parameter for CC Sphere is really labeled, since I don’t have AE open as I’m writing this.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Apply a text animator for scale to your text layer. Keyframe it to your liking or use this simple expression to connect it to your Sphere radius:
sphere_size=thisComp.layer(“Sphere”).effect(“CC Sphere”)(“Size”);
sphere_min=0; //minimum allowed size of sphere
sphere_max=10; //maximum allowed size of sphere
text_min=0; //minimum allowed scale of text
text_max=150; //maximum allowed scale of texttext_size=linear(sphere_size,sphere_min,sphere_max,text_min,text_max)
[text_size,text_size]
You may wanna check how the size parameter for CC Sphere is really labeled, since I don’t have AE open as I’m writing this.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
You could always turn it into a torrent file. You know, there are legal uses of P2P… ;o) In addition to that, limiting resolution to about 2 thirds of the original size can do miracles. Like the others suggested, further compression will do much good… I think you could easily condense down your filesize to something like 70 Mo without completely crapping it. You can go as low as 300 kbit/sec with WMV and still have very acceptable quality.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Your description sounds vague, but I guess you are refering to beyond-last-key extrapolation. This is done using expressions in AE, in your case loopOut(“continue”) should do the trick.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Your description sounds vague, but I guess you are refering to beyond-last-key extrapolation. This is done using expressions in AE, in your case loopOut(“continue”) should do the trick.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl