Mylenium
Forum Replies Created
-
[evrard] “- Why is HDR important? Who uses it?
Film, HD work, 3D animation. It simply contains more color information in terms of how the light really behaves. Therefore your footage will not degrade as much during color correction for instance.
[evrard] “- Is it possible to convert a 8 or 16 bpc footage into a 32 bpc one?”
Yes, but it won’t gain that extra fidelity.
[evrard] “- Or 32 bpc is all a matter of production (special camera)?”
Yes, it is. most HDR stuff is either scanned from chemical film (multi-exposure scan), rendered from 3D apps or doen with dedicated HDR cameras (still image).
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Mylenium
May 23, 2006 at 5:35 am in reply to: Losing Resolution when using camera with Vector Files… HELP!Make sure you use the continuously rasterize/ collapse transformations switch on your 3D layers. Sounds like you saved your AI file with some crroked dpi setting, so AE will use this to rasterize the file initially (most higher dpi files look fine even without that).
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
I was thinking of using kinetic friction to make your particles stick. Doesn’t work since it will use the edges and not the area shape to make particles stick. Apologies for misleading your.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
No. Unlike in C4D, AE’s 3D isn’t multithreaded and thus not very fast (in addition to other things) if you can forego DOF, you will see considerable speedups, but it sound’s like it isn’t an option. Terrible to say this on an AE forum: If you already have a 3D program and think baking out your AE fooatga as textures isn’t too much trouble, then take this road whenever you can.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Na, I think you’r approaching this the wrong way. You should use property maps. E.g. you could create a greyscale version of your text in a subcomp and reveal it using blur and opacity animation. When it’s blurred, it looks like a cloud and get’s sharper the more the animation progresses. Combine that with the opacity and use it to e.g affect velocity and your particles will get stickier until they form the letters. You should also elaborate other options such as the Shatter effect with very small fragments played in reverse.
As for Total Training – well I never found someone who would give it to me at no cost and so decided I don’t need it *lol*, but I’m sure it will feature some revised stuff. I doubt, that it is much longer though. Even though PPG is theoretically rather powerful, noone really loves it enough to use it unless there is no other way because it’s so damn slow.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Have you tried CC Cylinder? The trick here would possibly be to use separate instancesof the effect to get different looks for the front and backface. You can also completely fake this by using Optics Compensation (for the barrel distortion) in combination with Motion Tile (for the motion).
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
Oops, sincerest apologies then… How could I have missed that? *slapshimselfforbeingstupid*. ;o) You still need to sort out the speed issues, though. 32 kb on some occasions ain’t too sexy. Just lucky its early morning now and the server’s flying.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
[randomnumbers] “I would really like to give the plane some thickness, so I was hoping I could use the point info to generate an outline polygon to map onto.”
Phew, that would be hard, if not impossible. You’d have to copy&paste your masks for each frame into Illustrator, save the contours to AI/EPS and create a object for each frame which then could be loaded using Objecct Sequence object replacement… Not very practical, if you ask me. Even if you build your contours in LW with a few inbetween morph steps, you’d have a lot of work ahead of you. I think you will have better luck by using a plane “sandwich” object with 200 or so planes stacked tightly (1mm apart or whatever seems convenient) and apply your textures to it. It’s not really solid, but due to the antialiasing/ oversampling, you shouldn’t see any gaps unless you look straight thru the gaps.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl
-
[Craig Shields] “I’ll have to disagree with you on those points. I just hope that Maxon will follow the lead of the other 3-D sites that seem to have the bandwidth to post tutorials to help you get started.
-Craig”
Yepp, I agree, online distribution is no big deal these days. It should be no problem for a company of the digital age to adapt to that.
To elaborate a little: Maxon’s FTP simply sux and is terribly slow. Even the normal website takes forever. Doing a trace you get even timeouts. You should definitely improve your hosting. And sorry to bash you: Cost is no excuse. You can get dedicated webservers with unlimited traffic for 99,- Euros for private people (which you, coming from DE as well, probably even know) and I’d say in that light 300,- EUR a month for a company such as yours isn’t too much to ask for.
That aside, as a regular downloader of the demos I have to say it’s frustrating to not have any decent docs. I’ve been a C4D user in the past (up to v8; may become a user again as soon as I have the money) and I know they are excellent, but keep wondering why you withhold them from potential new users, making it harder for them to decide for C4D. It’s nearly impossible to get the hang of modules such as Sketch and Toon or Hair without any docs and all you are doing is driving users to the P2P networks where they can download them (along with a cracked version of C4D – how convenient). In the end, you are only damaging your own business.
Mylenium
[Pour Myl