Forum Replies Created

Page 196 of 285
  • Mylenium

    June 1, 2006 at 5:53 am in reply to: stream overlap error HELP Anyone

    Sounds like you are using transcoded M2V files or something and their GOPs are not intact at some level. This mustn’t mean anything, but if you have the possibiilty, you should run them thru a tool such as ProCoder. It will not affect the image quality, just rebuild the stream so Encore could possibly use it without errors.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 1, 2006 at 5:44 am in reply to: Importing Motion 2 Project in After Effects 7?

    I don’t hink this works. I’m not on a Mac, but all I’ve ever read is that you could open AE projects (up to 6.5) in Motion 2.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Well, if you don’t use any DA tools, you should at least take a look at them again. I agree, though, that Jim and his staff seem to have to moved rather towards mainstream and their plugins aren’t just as cool as in the past. Then again as AE grows so more competitors have emerged making it harder to be “cool”.

    Anyway, since you asked, here’s my list of all time classics:

    WE Premultiply
    OE Erodilation
    DA Gradient, Anarchy Toolbox, Geomancy, Text Anarchy
    TC 3DStroke, Shine, Starglow and Particular
    Knoll Light Factory

    Beyond that I rarely have a need for other plugins as I’m still do some extent a 3D artist, having many options there as wel las being at least minimally versed in the use of those damn nice expressions… I also deal with mainly synthetic imagery and therefore I have of course little need for Magic Bullet or other tools of that kind.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Well, if you don’t use any DA tools, you should at least take a look at them again. I agree, though, that Jim and his staff seem to have to moved rather towards mainstream and their plugins aren’t just as cool as in the past. Then again as AE grows so more competitors have emerged making it harder to be “cool”.

    Anyway, since you asked, here’s my list of all time classics:

    WE Premultiply
    OE Erodilation
    DA Gradient, Anarchy Toolbox, Geomancy, Text Anarchy
    TC 3DStroke, Shine, Starglow and Particular
    Knoll Light Factory

    Beyond that I rarely have a need for other plugins as I’m still do some extent a 3D artist, having many options there as wel las being at least minimally versed in the use of those damn nice expressions… I also deal with mainly synthetic imagery and therefore I have of course little need for Magic Bullet or other tools of that kind.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 1, 2006 at 5:33 am in reply to: Find and Replace in After Effects?

    I think there is exactly the type of script eitehr at redefinery.com or nabscript.com .

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    May 31, 2006 at 4:37 pm in reply to: FBX import

    No.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    May 31, 2006 at 5:53 am in reply to: After effects menu from scratch…

    [DeaditteX] “Also how do you reimport into encore as the sequnces..”

    You don’t! Sub-pictures are always static and what you want can’t be done. It’s as simple as that. Your only option is to build several menus with the different button states all “baked” into the background, have animated transition clips
    and switch between those menus and clips using auto-action.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    May 31, 2006 at 5:43 am in reply to: Animated Score Board

    CC Ball Action is your friend. Just create your animation, Make it blocky using the Mosaic effect (so each block coincides with a sphere) and use it as an input on said effect.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    May 29, 2006 at 4:32 pm in reply to: adding customised icons

    [Adam Trachtenberg] “Unfortunately you can’t add custom icons.”

    Not entirely true (no offence). Just read an article that would allow such things to be done using COFFEE scripting. Have to look into the matter, but it seems that scripts are able to add data to the global resource files, thus allowing this behavior.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    May 29, 2006 at 4:25 pm in reply to: Slider Control values

    Nope, your logic is wrong. The behavior is just fine. You are forgetting that by animating your sliders in sync with time your are creating an exponential function, not a linear multiplication. Once you stop changing the values, the exponential behavior will become more and more linear. A simpler and more efficient function would be

    Math.pow(time,2)

    without any sliders (assuming you want to double your values every second).

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

Page 196 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy