Forum Replies Created

Page 190 of 285
  • [David Ford] “I guess I would like to understand more about wha the seedRandom() method does. Is there any information on this anywhere? The help files are pretty sparse.”

    seedRandom() assigns a continuous – erm – seed to random functions. Randomness in computers is not really random, it’s based on formulas. For instance a common method is Perlin Noise which itself is just a set of overlapping sinus/ cosinus functions with random phase and periods. If you calculate a time dependent sinus with Math.sin(time), your result is a wave. Multiple such overlapping functions with different multipliers (e.g. time*2) create pseudo-random peaks and grooves. By fixing the seed in random functions, you more or less freeze time – with the same input, the result is always the same.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • [David Ford] “I guess I would like to understand more about wha the seedRandom() method does. Is there any information on this anywhere? The help files are pretty sparse.”

    seedRandom() assigns a continuous – erm – seed to random functions. Randomness in computers is not really random, it’s based on formulas. For instance a common method is Perlin Noise which itself is just a set of overlapping sinus/ cosinus functions with random phase and periods. If you calculate a time dependent sinus with Math.sin(time), your result is a wave. Multiple such overlapping functions with different multipliers (e.g. time*2) create pseudo-random peaks and grooves. By fixing the seed in random functions, you more or less freeze time – with the same input, the result is always the same.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Align & distribute along a path (bezier spline) ?

    No, not that I know of. Too complex math to sensibly implement as expressions or scripts (since B

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Align & distribute along a path (bezier spline) ?

    No, not that I know of. Too complex math to sensibly implement as expressions or scripts (since B

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 3:40 pm in reply to: AE camera –> Cinema

    [sidefx] “It

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 7:57 am in reply to: “Roughing” edges of planes or shapes..

    If you have Advanced Render, you could use SPD (sub-pixel displacement) based on a texture. You can also get some interesting results using the Noise deformer (or multiple instances of it) in combo with other deformers on a heavily subdivided plane. At least you don’t have to move all points individually. Lastly, you can also use Clothilde or softbody Dynamics, but you of course have to have the modules for this.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 7:54 am in reply to: Repeating color pattern on objects

    [thumbslinger] “I’m such a newbie I can’t believe I’m even going to suggest something but what about grouping 10 cubes (in your pattern example there were 11 colors but I’m taking one out for explanation) and then just placing instances of that original grouping? In one fell swoop you can add 50 instances which would all repeat along the x axis.

    Then you could just change the original 10 when needed.

    Ok..slowly backing out of the room..”

    Yepp, I believe I was suggesting this just not with your clear words. The disadvantage is, though, that you need to start over anew i you want to change your colors, so I’d perhaps still prefer the texture trick (when not having MoGraph) – it would be easier to replace or animate the texture rather than re-arranging your cubes.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • If you join open ends in LL, you normally do not really connect the paths, just extend one of the paths. You would need to choose the overlapping vertices again and join them.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 5:48 am in reply to: Selecting Points? wth?

    not sure, but it could be related to your OpenGL settings somehow… I’d check your graphics driver and C4Ds settings.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

  • Mylenium

    June 8, 2006 at 5:30 am in reply to: Repeating color pattern on objects

    Simple solution: MoGraph. Not so simple solution: planar projected images across all 500 cubes. Tedious solution: Apply the material tags to the top level of grouped rows.

    Mylenium

    [Pour Myl

Page 190 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy