Forum Replies Created

Page 721 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    November 28, 2007 at 6:13 pm in reply to: Vegas 8 Tutorials

    Other than Edward Troxel’s latest newsletters, Vol. 5 Issues 1 &2 and a few clips on YouTube, Vegas 8 Update: Features Revealed from VASST is the only commercial offering that I’m aware of.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 28, 2007 at 6:06 pm in reply to: Transparent “cut-out” text?

    deleted duplicate message

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 28, 2007 at 6:02 pm in reply to: Transparent “cut-out” text?

    My problem is that I can get the font size only to 800, and then I can try to increase it from there with positive scaling. However I can never seem to get it so that transparency takes up the entire screen… it is either too small or it suddenly happens that black is taking up the screen.

    Take a closer look at the veg file I made.
    Text in that was around 90 point, that’s all.
    The key is to double (or more if necessary) the initial size in the window in the top left corner of the text box where it says 720 x 480.
    I used Pan/Crop to zoom into it as large as needed and set that as the first keyframe.
    I set the last keyframe so that it would be normal size.
    Feel free to modify it as needed for your particular application.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 28, 2007 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Transparent “cut-out” text?

    See if this veg does what you want.
    It was done in Vegas 5 using Generated Media so it’ll load on almost any system.

    I started with the Transparent Text at the desired end size and dropped the colour from blue to black.
    I then doubled the text size from 720 x 480 to 1440 x 960.
    Next I added a Drop Shadow.
    Add a Keyframe at the beginning with Alpha set to 0%.
    Add a Keyframe at the end and set Alpha to 100%.
    Open Pan/Crop, add a Keyframe at the start and set the size and position as desired.
    Set Smoothness to 0.
    Go to the last frame,add a Keyframe and set the size and position as desired.
    HTH.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 28, 2007 at 1:59 pm in reply to: bluring a face with motion

    James, take a look at Edward Troxel’s newsletter (PDF format) Vol.1 #12 for the article Blurring Faces a la “Cops”.
    You will need to do some keyframing as the people come in & out of view but that’s not hard to do.
    If you need help with that, check out Vol.2 #8 for the article Beginner’s Corner – Using Keyframes.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 27, 2007 at 8:53 pm in reply to: Is there a way to pause rendering in Vegas?

    2 GB of RAM would definitely help.
    I noticed a substantial benefit on my old Athlon when I went from 1 GB to 2 GB.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 27, 2007 at 8:42 pm in reply to: render format for dvd

    I first tried to render as an AVI but the media was too big to put on a DVD in architect.

    You can give an AVI file to DVDA and have it do the encoding for you.

    I then tried to render as mpeg 2 but got no audio.

    You need to render an AC-3 stream (the audio portion) as well.
    If you give it the same name as the video portion (eg. myvideo.mpg & myvideo.ac3) and put it in the same folder, DVDA will automatically load the audio once you load the video.

    What do I need to get that much video on a DVD?

    Render it out as MPEG & AC-3 streams.
    For 1.5 hr. use the following bitrates as recommended by the bitrate calculator (note: this links to a zipped file) I use.

    AC-3: use the default stereo template
    MPEG-2: use the DVD Architect NTSC video stream template but customize it by clicking the Custom button and then the Video tab.

    VBR: 7,700,000 / 6,600,000 / 3,600,000
    CBR: 6,100,000

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 27, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Is there a way to pause rendering in Vegas?

    To expand on Edward’s suggestion, you might want to drop the priority of Vegas so that this is easier.
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager.
    Then click the Processes tab.
    Find Vegas in the list, right-click on it and “Set Priority – BelowNormal”.
    Do this for each instance of Vegas that you have running.

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 27, 2007 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Is there a way to pause rendering in Vegas?

    This is a feature a lot of us have been asking for for a VERY long time.
    So far, nothing 🙁

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 27, 2007 at 8:47 am in reply to: No keyframes for text?

    Place your cursor just above the bottom of the text window and you’ll see it change shape.
    Drag it upwards and your keyframe window should appear.

Page 721 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy