Forum Replies Created

Page 104 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    March 24, 2013 at 3:32 am in reply to: Saving snapsot to file

    [John Rofrano] “WOW! I thought Canada was bad a NY before that. I guess I should be happy. lol”

    Now you know how we get “free” health care for everyone 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 7:10 pm in reply to: Saving snapsot to file

    [John Rofrano] “lol… I have trouble paying 8.75% sales tax here in NY. :-D”

    Be thankful. It’s 13% in my part of Canada (Ontario) 🙁

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    Roger, my experiences with headworn mics have been limited to the cheaper ones used by the music theatre students at my community college.

    Going by the models mentioned on the other forum, you have two choices.
    The first is the DPA d:fine and the other one is the Countryman E6.

    I know very little about either model other than to strongly recommend that you find a pro audio shop that carries them so that you can talk to knowledgeable people about them. They will be able to make recommendations based on your applications and will even let you try them out.
    FYI, I don’t mean a shop like Sweetwater either. I’m sure that they’re OK but you need an even better place. Go back to the other forum and ask where the closest pro shop to you is.
    Why do I say this?
    This Countryman E6 Microphone Selection Guide is why 🙂
    Go through it and you’ll see that there are a lot of options that can be overwhelming to users like us.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm in reply to: Transparent Text in Vegas Pro 12

    [Sam rosenthal] ” I would like the area around the letters to be transparent, so I can lay it over my video. What is the proper file format to save it in Photoshop? File size? Etc.”

    Save it it any format that supports transparency. PNG, PSD and TGA are all good ones.
    By file size, do you mean screen resolution? If yes, try and do it in whatever format you’re working in. Use the appropriate template as Photoshop has several to choose from, depending on what your needs are.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 3:05 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Graham Bernard] “What is the difference between a Report’s Omni and a Lavlier Omni?”

    At least 8 inches. As you know, lavs are typically mounted on the chest and the distance to the mouth is about that distance. Reporters usually have the mic no more than 2 inches away from their mouth.

    [Roger Bansemer] “Why do I never hear background trucks, etc when reporters are next to a highway. I know they hold the mike close but I often see them holding it further away than what my lav mike is which is right at my throat so it has to be something else.”

    It’s been my experience that while most reporters use some kind of stick mic, the pick up/polar pattern of the supplied mic varies from station to station.
    For example, one local station gives all their reporters short shotgun mics (Sennheiser ME-66 I believe) while the other is an omni mic and there is a huge difference in audio quality between the two. Because these are shotgun mics, they are much more directional than an omni and background noise is greatly reduced. I used its predecessor (ME-80) for several years and was always very impressed with its ability to drastically reduce background noises.

    As Grazie has said before, you need to look at the polar pattern of any mic that you’re considering as there are differences that need to be considered.

    Roger, I know you don’t want to but you really should consider a head-mount mic. The new ones are very thin, and are flesh coloured so you hardly see them.
    As was repeated several times on that forum, the bottom line is that you need to get the mic closer to your mouth to get rid of background noise. Handheld and shotgun mics are out of the question so a headworn model is your best choice.
    Jan gave some examples of good quality models and I encourage you to check them out.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 3:30 am in reply to: 1080p HD footage not running smoothly??

    My apologies. What I meant to say was to disable that feature, not select it.
    As far as choppy playback is concerned, what are your computer specs?
    If you don’t have a fairly powerful machine, you’ll never get smooth playback with FX and HD footage.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 3:05 am in reply to: 1080p HD footage not running smoothly??

    Right click in the preview window and choose “Adjust Size and Quality for Optimal Playback”.
    Then switch it to your desired setting and it won’t change on you any more.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 2:52 am in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    Roger, I followed your thread for most of the day but missed the reply you’re referring to until tonight 🙁
    I hope you’ve checked back in as there were a few more useful responses, particularly the one from Jan. The Eric she’s referring to (Eric Toline) is a very knowledgeable nice guy who also lives in Florida, unfortunately almost 300 miles from you.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 22, 2013 at 2:45 am in reply to: (OT) Zoom H4N question

    [Hiren Upadhyay] “Hi,
    m going on location in mountains… its a Documentary film in INDIA
    what headphone should I use?

    which headphones will give me a proper and exact output..”

    Sony MDR7506 headphones are an industry standard for location recording professionals.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 21, 2013 at 1:56 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    Roger, one thing I’ve learned from my time on that group is that, while most folks are quite helpful, there are a few who can be somewhat snarky (i.e. sarcastic – specifically “studiomprd” aka the Senator) so don’t get upset by some of the comments you may get of you decide to post on there.
    If yo do ask questions, be sure to identify yourself as a newbie looking for help as that goes a long way.
    Do use the search function on that site before asking questions but be advised that it is not that good.
    I’ve gained a lot of very useful information from reading the various posts since I started browsing it. I’ve also gotten very jealous when I read about how much great gear a lot of these folks have at their disposal. Glad I don’t have to pay for it though 🙂

Page 104 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy