Mike Clasby
Forum Replies Created
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 9:09 pm in reply to: How do I install new FFX files in After Effects Pro 6.5?Applying Preset the first time:
This from a PDF for Scott Frizzle’s Preset “Quaker”.
https://scottfrizzle.com/images/quaker.pdf
Select the layer you wish to affect, and go to Effect > Apply Favorite. Find Quaker on your harddrive and select it (I recommend you put it in your Abode After Effects>filter favorites folder, that way it waill always appear in your filter favorites menu.)
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 9:09 pm in reply to: How do I create a simulated “camera shake” effect (like an earthquake) in AE6.5?Quaker, an Animation Preset free from Scott Frizzle. It’s a gem.
https://scottfrizzle.com/free.html
PDF avalable, although I don’t see a link on his site now, but I just downloaded it:
https://scottfrizzle.com/images/quaker.pdf
Installation instructions in the PDF.
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 9:09 pm in reply to: How do I create a simulated “camera shake” effect (like an earthquake) in AE6.5?Quaker, an Animation Preset free from Scott Frizzle. It’s a gem.
https://scottfrizzle.com/free.html
PDF avalable, although I don’t see a link on his site now, but I just downloaded it:
https://scottfrizzle.com/images/quaker.pdf
Installation instructions in the PDF.
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 9:01 pm in reply to: How do I create a simulated “camera shake” effect (like an earthquake) in AE6.5?Quaker, an Animation Preset free from Scott Frizzle. It’s a gem.
https://scottfrizzle.com/free.html
PDF avalable, although I don’t see a link on his site now, but I just downloaded it:
https://scottfrizzle.com/images/quaker.pdf
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 9:01 pm in reply to: How do I create a simulated “camera shake” effect (like an earthquake) in AE6.5?Quaker, an Animation Preset free from Scott Frizzle. It’s a gem.
https://scottfrizzle.com/free.html
PDF avalable, although I don’t see a link on his site now, but I just downloaded it:
https://scottfrizzle.com/images/quaker.pdf
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 8:00 pm in reply to: How do I install new FFX files in After Effects Pro 6.5?What are FFX files?
Hope I’m not show my ignorance to much?
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 7:58 pm in reply to: How to disable the layer from opening when you double click it in a compIt sounds to me like you need to adjust how the Wacom and Pen act. Mine doesn’t open said window with hovering, only a double-click(two tap). There are controls within the Wacom Program.
-
Effect > Distort > Displacement Map
The only tricky part (or FUN part if you’re a “glass is half-full person”)will be creating the “Displacement Map Layer” which controls how the “footage.. blends in with the spaces of leaves, branches, Etc.”.
For help with Displacement Map, click on Aharon Rabinowitz’s head at the top of the page and scroll down to his excellent tutorials on displacement map, they’re painless (you get to watch a video!) and come with aep’s.
-
Looks to me like a thin layer with a Displacement map. Whatever you made your Glass out of, make a copy, thin it down, parent it to the Glass and apply Effect > Distort > Displacement Map.
For help with Displacement Map, click on Aharon Rabinowitz’s head at the top of the page (the guy hiding under the lurp hat.. hmmm he doesn’t look old enough to have been in Nam) and scroll down to his excellent tutorials on displacement map, they’re painless (you get to watch a video while still on the job!) and come with aep’s.
-
Mike Clasby
April 6, 2006 at 6:26 pm in reply to: Is this possible to do with plugins? (fly in text)Card Dance, Baby. Sorry ’bout that, Vegas and card dance bring it out in me.
Have you seen Ayato 49?
https://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae49_e.html
His stuff can be very cryptic, so in the Green Left Column here at the Cow, Search Posts > Advanced Search with these settings:
Search Term: Ayato 49
How far back do you want to search?: All Active Posts
Search Archives?: yes
And you’ll get lots of help, many have struggled down the Ayato Trail.
You can also distribute layers in 3D space easier with this:
Expressions Library > Distribute Layers in 3D Space