If I hear what you’re saying, you want to see a thread form a logo then pull back out to being a straight thread.
But you don’t want it to just be a solid line, you want it to look like an actual thread with texture and form.
If you absolutely must use AE, you might try the puppet tool for this. I’ve never tried something like this myself, but I imagine if you create a long thread in Photoshop (or a precomp), you could use the puppet tool to move it around. My AE machine’s tied up in a render at the moment, (thus my presence on the forums) otherwise I’d try it and see.
Of course, a true 3d application will be much better for this.
Oooh, ooh, I forgot, you could do it with an actual thread and stop motion! It’ll look much more realistic and have that touch of warmth that only stop motion can bring.
– The Great Szalam
(The ‘Great’ stands for ‘Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble’)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Social Media Profiles