I’m off work now and I’m at home now so I can see the Vimeo stuff. And I see where mine is not what you wanted. When you said organic I was thinking natural, flowing, etc. Not just sorta wiggling a bit. You said straight would be okay and straight and organic do not go together in my mind, but now I understand what you’re after.
I’m guessing you want to be able to fly the camera around the comp? If not, you could fake it with Generate>Beam for a line with perspective and use some distortion effect it to get the bending. You wouldn’t have to do any motion tracking for the text because Beam’s start and end points are specified in the effect. (Of course, if you’re not careful, your distortion effect could move it…)
If you must have the camera moving around it all, you could create the lines with Trapcode’s Particular (move the emitter over the path you want the line to go and with 0 velocity, wind and gravity) and use the turbulence field to give the line organic movement.
If you don’t want to have to matchmove the text to follow the line’s end by hand, you could always keyframe the particle color at the very last particle(s) to be a wildly different color from the rest. Track that dot of color (from a front on view) to get your x and y data for the text, then all you have to do is make sure the z is correct. (Don’t forget to change your particle’s color back.)
Of course, you could also get a proper 3d program…
– The Great Szalam
(The ‘Great’ stands for ‘Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble’)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Social Media Profiles