Forum Replies Created

Page 248 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    July 7, 2009 at 5:24 am in reply to: big 4 second video

    I used to Make RAM Disc way back when with OS 9, here are a couple of things that came up in google. I have never tried either so I’m just passing on the info, not saying these will work.

    https://osxdaily.com/2007/03/23/create-a-ram-disk-in-mac-os-x/

    https://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20947

    Instead of using codec NONE, try using 10 Bit Uncompressed, I believe it should be about 1/2 the size. ProRes is a good compressed codec, it is 10-bit but any compression is going to be a compromise.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 7, 2009 at 3:57 am in reply to: Ripping DVD Menu videos

    this gets asked and answer almost weekly. Do a search.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 7, 2009 at 3:56 am in reply to: finalizing for DVD…

    DV is horrible for graphics, if you go to that codec not much you can do. You can edit your footage, export video edit without graphics to Uncompressed or ProRes, add graphics (exported to match new codec.) this will give you better graphics. But as soon as you go to DV tape you are back to square one. You would want to go to DigiBeta or at least DVCPro50 (staying is SD)

  • Any DVD can have ROM content, any file type you want but they cannot be accessed through that normal DVD player even on a computer. The best way to handle this is to put a simple menu page that tells people what “extras: are on the disc.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 6, 2009 at 12:04 am in reply to: loss-less export

    The only place you will see any generation lose is when you do transitions, filters or graphics. That said the generation lose is very slight. People do it all the time. I would export a 10 minute clip and bring that in to a new timeline and take a look to see what you think.

    Other options of course are ProRes and Uncompressed but in the end DV is what you have. If it was me I would be using the current settings.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 5, 2009 at 11:57 pm in reply to: DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD

    No problem.

    I don’t know if this is a brand new drive, so I’m asking have you burned any type of DVDs before, how you ever burned a good DVD from DVDA. You need to go into troubleshooting mode. Does the drive work with anything, if it can burn a DVD with finder? or something like that, then your problem is with DVDA, if you cannot burn any disc anywhere, the problem is with the drive or setup of the drive.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 5, 2009 at 10:42 pm in reply to: DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD

    ?????????????????????????????

    Why are you getting so testy?

    No where did I tell you to buy a Mac or other software. I don’t use DVDA or PCs so my response was going to be limited to basic suggestions, was not commenting on DVDA or PCs good or bad.

    I did not say that everything was broken either, but here are places the to start looking, hence the use of “maybe”.

    Now did you install a CD drive or a DVD drive? I’m assuming a DVD drive. Can you burn a DVD disc with other software? even just data on a DVD?

  • Michael Sacci

    July 5, 2009 at 10:15 pm in reply to: DVD Architecht error message after burning DVD

    Don’t use DVDA or PC’s but your problem may lie in, “blah blah blah…”

    You may have a bad drive, bad driver, bad prefs (if PCs have them), even bad discs.

    DVDs cost 30 cents I would think you could afford to waste a couple.

  • Michael Sacci

    July 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm in reply to: How do I copy video from a webpage?

    [Zeno Pierre] “Battle Hymn Republic” Do you mean Battle Hymn of the Republic? or is there something else, if yes, how do you own it? isn’t it public domain? Just curious, not attacking 🙂

  • Video is almost always 23.98 or 29.97 framerate, that is the normal. Only a few cameras/decks do true 24p, are you sure you did 24p? No consumer TV does true 24p that I’m aware of.

Page 248 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy