Forum Replies Created

Page 245 of 428
  • Just remember you will need the $1K version of Resolve to output greater than 4K.

    Michael

  • Ah sorry, I thought you were referring to me (Michael). 🙂

    There are several ways to go about this. Either sync audio to each camera before making a group clip, only sync one of the cameras before grouping, or just group the entire camera set and the audio in one step.

    Each have their advantages and disadvantages:

    1. Syncing audio to each camera angle will give you individual sync clip but takes the longest as you are repeating steps.But should you ever need to edit any of the material single cam, it is synced for each angle. You can also slip sync on the resulting .sync clip of needed before grouping.

    2. Syncing one camera to audio then grouping to all camera angles is probably the fastest method as manual sync would occur to only one clip, then grouping would use the common video timecode (if available). If not, then you could use a visual to group. When editing the sequence, lay down the good audio as the reference. You can also slip sync on the resulting .sync clip of needed before grouping.

    3. find a common mark in all camera angles and audio then group directly. This removes one sync step but will not allow you to slip sync should it be needed.

    My preferred method would be #2. I just mark an IN at each of the common frames/sync then use AutoSync. The resulting clip will be the shortest of the two. So sync to the longest before grouping. I never sync via the timeline method myself, I just do the marks to the sources, sync, then load subclip into source monitor with source monitor timeline to slip as needed. I also make my projects a 35mm/4 perf project so I can slip audio sync down to the quarter frame. This eliminates the sequence/subclip step as well as renaming the source clip steps.

    Michael

  • Looks like an uncorrected LogC gamma… several commercials have done this as well.

    Michael

  • Check out Sal’s workflow further down in the thread:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/45/889277

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 10, 2013 at 10:58 pm in reply to: RGB or 701 question

    I’mpretty sure the original media is Rec.709, and certainly DNxHD is a Rec.709 codec. Also, seeing as the intention is a broadcast master, then it should be Rec.709 all the way. Any titles and such created should also be done with that specification in mind or it will get clamped, clipped or rejected.

    Michael

  • It depends on what the NLE is best optimized for, editorially speaking. We tend to make H.264 for screening purposes only as a lightweight data rate codec. When sending a mix scratch track to the camera, and “if” there are ISO tracks being recorded by production audio, how are those managed in the dailies if the H/264 is used for editorial? Or when you say “director’s” dailies, those were just viewing dailies as well?

    Michael

  • And if they were going to go this far in creating a modular approach – they “should” also consider that the main module be rack mountable for machine rooms and mobile on-set production. So Cable connections cannot be on what will become the side of the machine once mounted.

    But it is a dream, so dream away!

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 7, 2013 at 5:34 pm in reply to: ProCutX iPad interface

    Yes, I use Air Display to do that. I resize my timecode window to fit the entire iPad screen so it can easily be seen.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 7, 2013 at 4:47 pm in reply to: Transcoding ProRes 422 HQ files for Multicam edit

    That’s it!

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 7, 2013 at 4:46 pm in reply to: ProCutX iPad interface

    I can see some form of vibrate and sound feedback happening, but still not the same as actual hardware with resistance, hard start and stop locations, etc. I certainly see value as an extension to interface and informative views – for example when editing on Media Composer, I use the iPad as a window extension to the timecode window where I display nice and large timecode, clip name, duration, etc. All the stuff the client asks for when I am editing, they can just now look and see that without interrupting my pace while working.

    Michael

Page 245 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy