Forum Replies Created

Page 241 of 428
  • I would look to Resolve as your dailies prep station while on the road. It can apply a LUT to 709 should the sources require one, and create native MXF/DNxHD of any flavor. It can also sync double system sound, but I still prefer syncing directly in Media Composer. I would suggest in setting REEL ID to select: “use filename”.

    Take a look at this whitepaper from Avid which includes ProRes and Resolve workflows. Here is the direct link as finding it on the Avid website directly is near impossible:

    https://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/digital_camera/digital_camera_workflow_whitepaper_us.pdf

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 27, 2013 at 1:52 am in reply to: Gemini 4:4:4 Workflow?

    Good article, but I would put an entry in there about setting REEL ID in Resolve before transcoding dailies.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 27, 2013 at 12:19 am in reply to: Avid Symphon 6.5.2 getting stuck at startup

    I don’t know for sure, but start by elimination and see if it boots up. If so, then add the drive and try again.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 26, 2013 at 11:46 pm in reply to: Avid Symphon 6.5.2 getting stuck at startup

    Do you have drives of any kind attached to the MacBookPro? Be it hard drive, network drive, whatever, etc.

    Michael

  • I came across this last year but was able to solve it with a subclip. I looked into back then and was told that the phonetic engine that fixes that was available but it had not yet been added/updated to the ScriptSync feature. I think you may need to contact Avid directly on this one.

    Michael

  • How long are the clip(s) being synced? Try subclipping that into smaller pieces to see if that helps.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 26, 2013 at 11:38 am in reply to: Scriptsync equivalent/competitor

    As Job says, ScriptSync or Script Based editing is unique to Avid and parts of it protected by patents. The ability to index and sync the text phonetically to the text is powered by Nexidia. Before that, users would (and still can) index manually in real time (the red record button at the top of the UI). Adobe Premiere Pro has something reminiscent of ScriptSync but takes a very different approach where the script is attached to each clip whereas ScriptSync has clips attached to a script.

    PhraseFind is ad-hoc searching of spoken dialog. That functionality too is powered by Nexidia and can be found in the original Get and Soundbite (Boris) available for FCP, FCPX, Premiere Pro, and recently as an add-on to CATDV (Dialogue Search). More on these solutions and the technology of phonetic indexing and search can be found on their website at:
    https://www.nexidia.com/media/

    Michael

  • Cut the line in half as there may be too many words in the line being sent to the phonetic engine. Usually a return in the original doc will do it.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    February 26, 2013 at 1:37 am in reply to: EDL Output – Filenames linking to MSMMMOB.45

    The issue to start with is usually because the dailies were made without a REEL ID being assigned before making the MXF wrapped DNxHD dailies. I have seen several videos online on making dailies skipping this crucial step.

    As an FYI, EDL Manager allows for Labroll, Camroll, and SoundRoll as options for Sources in an EDL in addition to the Tape/Source File.

    Michael

  • I haven’t used PluralEyes 3, but it may be more to do with AAF export from AMA connected sources which is why a transcode is done beforehand. I haven’t tried AMA with Edit Protocol and if third parties can use that as part of their process. Has anyone here actually done this?

    Also, audio only files should always be imported, and not AMA’d…

    Michael

Page 241 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy