Forum Replies Created

Page 215 of 428
  • Not fully understanding the context of your request, but if you are asking whether you can change timecode, yes. Highlight value in START and enter new value. Or you can add it to any one of the AuxTC columns and generate an EDL from there.

    Mchael

  • Did you try “other” settings and enter your own X and Y? But I suspect a fast import will want to see 1920 x 1080 anyway. 1440 is a form of compression on the horizontal which gets stretched out to 1920. 1440 x 1080 looks like a squeezed 4:3 aspect ratio and gets turned into 16:9 when 1920 is applied. So decide where you want it done. It has to happen somewhere.

    Michael

  • In Media Composer you will have to choose – Avid DS and perhaps Smoke, Resolve or other apps have a native 1080p/59.94 format.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    June 30, 2013 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Technicolor drop Colour Assist

    Could just be purely financial and didn’t have enough of a value marketing wise for Technicolor. Adding up development costs, marketing, and other related costs to creating this – it probably didn’t have a good ROI. Development costs don’t go down because a product is cheaper. When doing that game, it is a volume play and probably didn’t get what they expected.

    Another strategy is as a marketing app (ala KataData app) to bring in additional services to Technicolor which I doubt it did.

    Or it is the loss leader to other products such as RedCine X Pro for RED (really camera support) or DaVinci for Blackmagic – sells $1K dongles and related hardware which Technicolor did not have.

    Most likely in the end, Technicolor didn’t get any of these benefits and just cut their losses.

    Michael

  • I’ve worked on several projects lately and did some consulting on the Doug Trumbull project where 60p is needed and is supported in DCI for digital cinema. So there is an output for it. 720p/59.94 plays just fine on the web, so there is no frame rate restriction for steaming. Also, the EBU accepts it now as future proof format in their delivery spec.

    But I wholeheartedly agree that AMA needs an “interpret as” frame rate for file based formats. MC used to do it with tape based formats just fine.

    Michael

  • Unfortunately it is a choice between raster resolution and motion resolution as there is no 1080p/59.94 project.

    If you select 1080i, then every progressive frame becomes a field reducing vertical horizontal resolution by half and basically edit on every “frame”.

    If you select 720p/59.94 you will get all 59.94 progressive frames and be able to edit on each one, but will have lost overall raster resolution.

    Hopefully “50p” and “60p” editing will come in a future release (sooner rather than later) as these formats are quite common now.

    If output is for web and mobile, I would try to keep it progressive all the way – if for broadcast – then interlace project is probably OK but more and more screens are progressive.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    June 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Technicolor drop Colour Assist

    Not really – I am just saying that anything color wise is not some proprietary technology – especially this level and not something a company needs to buy from a technology perspective, but perhaps from a jump start into the market or get to market sooner than developing themselves. If it’s cheaper to buy than to make – then that could be reason enough. I was just referring to any “technology” from such as an acquisition. For example, with v7 of Media with LUT and CDL support I can make looks all day as .cube and apply them in real time and change as needed. Very similar process and I am creating the looks in Resolve for free. I suspect people will make “looks” to give sway or package up as needed to take advantage of this. But the technology is not new or proprietary. How it’s integrated may be though…

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    June 29, 2013 at 4:43 pm in reply to: Technicolor drop Colour Assist

    I am curious as to what technology that might be? I can see purchase based on getting to market sooner, but from a technology standpoint – color presets are pretty well known. Unless I’m missing something.

    Michael

  • Are you selecting the Arri plug-in first, then trying to open P2/AVC? Be sure to select AMA plug-in manually. v7 brings an autodetect feature with it that is really hit and miss, so remember to select plug-in first.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    June 28, 2013 at 2:19 am in reply to: 6.5.3 Okay?

    Don’t think you can have them co=exist, but you need the latest 6.x.x and 6.5.x to have project/bin compatibility with v7. There is a 30 day trial for v7.

    Michael

Page 215 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy