Forum Replies Created

Page 204 of 428
  • Questions/assumptions:

    1. For full screen playback, once you’ve selected the monitor and closed the setting, you are clicking the full screen playback button and nothing happens, or it’s full screen on the wrong monitor?

    2. I am assuming you have the right and most recent AMA plug-in for the material on the SxS card. You don’t mention camera or codec. Could be Sony as much as Arri. Also, there is a two folder directory limit, so make sure you are not to high in the hierarchy. And there are separate operations for folder versus clip when selecting AMA.

    Michael

  • Have you tried Resolve to make dailies?

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 4, 2013 at 2:23 pm in reply to: closed captions

    Correct, I was referring to seeing it within the Source/Record GUI. If you have external monitoring as Glenn mentions, then the “TV” itself will display it as done with broadcast and TV’s at home.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 3, 2013 at 8:48 pm in reply to: closed captions

    I don’t think they ever got to that “phase” of development. Willing to be wrong though.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 3, 2013 at 11:45 am in reply to: Capture 2:1 over firewire??

    I used to capture 14:1 with reverse pulldown over FireWire for offline, then recapture uncompressed with reverse pulldown for online, so it should work.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    September 1, 2013 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Stripey floor mat causing havoc!

    Sometimes a very small amount of Gaussian blur will take care of that.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    August 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm in reply to: Aux TC on Audio Channel – No TC Found

    I have to ask again… no ALE file from the Keylinker? there is a mode that will detect the timecode breaks and create an even with the timeecode from the film edge, the KeyKode and the video/file being created.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    August 30, 2013 at 11:17 pm in reply to: Aux TC on Audio Channel – No TC Found

    In film based workflows, during the transfer, there should be a transfer log made that puts the timecode into an ALE file that is used to import and batch capture or merge into existing file based transfers. Then that timecode would match the BWF files use on set. Is this not a workflow that would work for you?

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    August 30, 2013 at 1:22 am in reply to: Aux TC on Audio Channel – No TC Found

    I take it the camera itself cannot jam sync? Seeing the word Arri and all, I had to ask.

    That being said, try subclipping the clip and try again. Is the signal overmodulated in any way? Have you seen this related post on RedUser?

    https://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?102245-Unable-to-Read-Audio-Timecode

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    August 29, 2013 at 7:47 pm in reply to: Rebuild Avid Bin with Hex Editor

    Was this bin sent to you via an email attachment? I have had times where not zipping it first and just emailing it can corrupt the .avb bin file. That being said, good luck with rebuilding the header.. I have no experience there and doubt it can be done. But for giggles, look at a bin that is not corrupt and see what that one looks like.

    Michael

Page 204 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy