Forum Replies Created

Page 190 of 428
  • I have found with AMA on H.264 clips longer than 20-30 minutes that things will really slow down and eventually you will crash. I’ve compiled 20 minute reels for features that were H.264 and it was a bit painful. You can always try subclipping your longer clips into 10 minute segments, and transcoding those to see if it helps.

    I would say that 90% of the time DNxHD 145 will be fine. I have seen cases on scenes with lot of detail or wide spans of sky that there might be some banding – so those would probably benefit from 175x (10 bit).

    Michael

  • What version of QuickTime are you running? Check the version matrix available here:
    https://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/en267087?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1083&q=compatibility%20matrix&site=kbase&filter=0

    How long are the original clips you are trying to transcode?

    As far as quality is concerned with a transcode, it is difficult to compare the low date rate of long GOP encoding (H.264) and I Frame encoding as you have with DNxHD. As it will not get better, you are looking to preserve. For most cases, DNxHD 145(115) should be fine, but just in case, and provide you have the addition storage, then 220 (175) will be more than enough. MPEGStreamclip can work, although I would consider Resolve going straight to native MXF wrapped DNxHD as a better alternative.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 29, 2013 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras

    I am trying to figure out how you made an Autosync clip with two video tracks as that is not supported or even be able to make. When selecting AutoSync, it will move you over to a group clip. An AutoSync clip can only have 1 video track in it with no edits, layers or effects. If you can zip a bin with one of these subclips in it I can take a look at it. Send to michael[at]24p[dot]com

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 29, 2013 at 1:02 pm in reply to: Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras

    Then I need to better understand what you mean by “two cameras” if there are no group clips in your sequence. REEL ID is mainly stored for the purposes of AAF in either the Tape and Source File, and unless modified by a user, a clip should never have values in both of them at the same time.

    For EDL type workflows, in addition to Tape and Source File, you can use Labroll, Camroll, and SoundRoll.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 29, 2013 at 12:00 am in reply to: Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras

    You need to duplicate the sequence, right click, and “commit multicam edits”. This will remove all non-active alternate angles from any grouped events in the timeline. Export from there.

    Michael

  • Check out the TC Break tolerance portion of Paul Sampson’s Guide to Console Commands:

    https://www.paul-sampson.ca/MyWebSiteStuff/PDF/AVID%20Console%20Commands%205.pdf

    As I mentioned, this may or may not help this particular situation, but might be worth a try.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 28, 2013 at 11:53 am in reply to: Multiclip names change once they hit the timeline

    I believe the video element in the group clip only displays the name of the active clip and disregards any additional naming applied to the .grp clip. It appears as though the video angles used in the group clip are still named the original camera file name, and perhaps these were double system sound? If not, then it could be a bug – there is no naming display preference that I know of in the multicamera feature set.

    Michael

  • Hmmm I doubt deck control is getting as much QA anymore in the age of digital considering resources and priorities. I know there used to be a console command to reduce polling time for timecode breaks which may or may not help in this case. I need to do a little digging to see if I can find info on that again as it has been many years since I’ve touched a deck as well!

    Michael

  • That menu most likely exposes what AVI expect to see and is not defined as the export. What do you get when you open up “options”. And again, I would never export anything directly out of MC myself as it just uses the generic tools presented by the codec providers. I still would recommend a QT Refernce to Sorenson, MPEG Streamclip, FFMPEG, Adobe, most anything will be better with more control. And if you are eventually going to H.264, why are you even involving AVI – just go to QuickTime export and use its generic setting to go to H.264 directly.

    Michael

  • Because Handbrake doesn’t make a differentiation between 24.000 and 23.976. Many consumer type apps will list 24 as most consumers don’t realize it’s really 23.976, 29,97, etc.

    Michael

Page 190 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy