Forum Replies Created

Page 188 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    November 8, 2013 at 1:46 pm in reply to: multi cam on a sequence

    Assuming there is common time of day for the group to sync to, let’s say the first clip in your group starts at 12:00:00:00 and the last clip end at 15:00:00:00. You would then go Capture mode and click LOG and create a clip that starts at 11:59:59:00 and ends and 15:00:01:00. Just include this clip as part of the Grouping process with the other clips. Check the user guide on how to log clips. You can also make a dummy ALE file with one event in it with the START and END timecodes spanning the clips you want in that group.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    November 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm in reply to: AutoSync entire bin?

    You’re getting that message because you have video clips that overlap each other timecode wise. Do a sort on START column and check the START and END to see if you have any overlapping clips. If so, move them to another bin and try again. AutoSync assumes matching timecode for entire bin selection. It cannot do an entire bin from Mark IN or other sync relationship method.

    Michael

  • If there are multiple .r3d files in a single folder, then those are spanned files and will appear as one clip. But I don’t think that is what you are referring to. I am assuming you are seeing a similar structure to the folder hierarchy as seen here:

    When using RED AMA Plug-in for (folder), clicking on the .RDM master folder will add all clips contained within that folder in the bin (or make a new bin). You may need to re-install the RED AAM plug-in to see if that jiggers something. I’ll be willing to do a screen share with you to see your steps, but that would have to be later tonight as I am out all day.

    Michael

  • In the AMA link to setting, you will see two RED R3D Plug-ins. One will be file and other says folder. Use the folder version and select the folder containing all the individual files folders. They will all come in at once.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    November 7, 2013 at 2:34 am in reply to: multi cam on a sequence

    I’ve created a dummy clip that encompasses all the clips I want in the group based on timecode. Then I group them all together. That may work for you.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    November 6, 2013 at 10:01 pm in reply to: MC7 ProRes file handling

    The PC is limited to the inability to transode to, render to, a ProRes codec due to Apple’s position on encoding ProRes on PC.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    November 6, 2013 at 8:32 pm in reply to: Only 1 copy of bins in Attic.

    There as a change in v7 to what got saved to the Attic. Check the settings and documentation for description.

    Michael

  • As far as PC/MAC – that’s a tougher one. I see this radius around LA going from 80/20 Mac to 50/50 as you get further away. Broadcast and broadcast post type environments will be a pretty even split. You’ll even find differences between the main post being PC and the marketing side Mac, etc. If you look worldwide, it’s a pretty even 50/50.

    Michael

  • I would certainly look to upgrading Pro Tools. Regardless of the NLE wars for picture editing, Pro Tools is still the 800 Lb, gorilla for audio post and music. You may want to have a some seats of Media Composer as well – with student pricing at $295 with 4 years of upgrades, it is still the stalwart of NLE’s in many of the bigger studio, production companies and broadcast and that latter is balanced out with Adobe. I have always wanted to use the word “stalwart” and I did. 🙂

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    November 5, 2013 at 8:13 pm in reply to: MC7 error, previously unseen.

    Most likely related to the new waveform caching in v7. I am trying to remember how to flush the cache… stay tuned.

    Michael

Page 188 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy