Forum Replies Created

Page 212 of 282
  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 5, 2012 at 3:50 pm in reply to: Make CD using Soundbooth

    Jim –

    The more I look into it, the more it seems that Soundbooth was meant to create the Master (using the Master Effect), and then the burning would be done in Encore.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 4, 2012 at 6:03 pm in reply to: A whole different take on DSLR rigs!

    I just wanted to let everyone here know that I’m not a shill for Berkey System – I’ve just never seen some of the inventive components they’ve designed for a 15mm rail system.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 4, 2012 at 12:29 pm in reply to: Moving Plugins

    I feel your pain, Ryan – I just went through a nightmare re-installing the plugins for CS5.5. A call to RG support would definitely help – they’re quick and responsive and will help you troubleshoot. I assume you’ve looked here:

    https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/general/downloading-installing/

    As it turns out, the installers for my installation on the PC were hit or miss. Some of them showed up in CS5.5 (Photoshop, AE, PPro) and some didn’t. I had to find them (search for folders with the plugin names – in my case they were all in one place), then cut an paste them into the /plug-ins folders for CS5.5, then they worked fine. A real headache, though, for a while. Good luck!

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 3, 2012 at 9:23 pm in reply to: Cheap Fancier Studio DSLR Rigs?

    As far as I know, depending on the amount you have to torque the clamps to get them to hold, I would think that the plastic handles would crack or break sooner than the machined metal ones. That said, I have no proof of it. If the knobs are solid plastic, they may well be comparable to the aluminum ones. Not much help, am I?

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm in reply to: Cheap Fancier Studio DSLR Rigs?

    Another thing to be wary of is whether the knobs are plastic or metal. On the Fotga DP500 which I own, all of the knobs are nicely machined metal. Some of the ones I looked at on *bay were plastic. I don’t know about the Fancier rig.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 3, 2012 at 1:30 am in reply to: Adding 200 lights to 200 Null objects?

    Kevin –

    This may or may not help you. There’s a free script called Null Swapper, that’s made for more or less what you’re looking to do. It only works, from what I understand, in CS5.5:

    https://provideocoalition.com/index.php/motiongraphicsvizfx/story/null_swapper_-_plexus_particular_utility_script/

    I hope that’s what you’ve got – it could save a whole lot of time. Good luck!

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Animated grunge textures

    OK – you didn’t say that in your first post. Generally when grunge textures are used, they’re used in a style that is quick cuts, jumpy moves, nervous energy, and the chaotic look of what I was talking about would fit it perfectly. Smooth grunge just doesn’t bring much of anything to mind. Kind of like “easy-listening heavy metal”.

    If you take a look at some of Artbeats Film Clutter series, you can see examples of what Kevin is talking about. A great way to experiment with the fractal noise plugin is to apply it, choose several of the parameters, then use Brainstorm button – the thought balloon icon with the light bulb in it. It will give you more quick ideas than an hour’s worth of twiddling with settings. Good luck!

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 2, 2012 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Make CD using Soundbooth

    You have to go back quite a ways (2005) for the answer to this – but here it is:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/168/854910

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Animated grunge textures

    Sure – if you have your grunge textures in a single folder, import them into After Effects as a sequence of stills. Then overlay the sequence on your clean image. You might also want to mask it a bit in the center area, because the jumpy grunge you’ll end up with can be a bit distracting. You can then loop your sequence to fit however long the clean image is.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 1, 2012 at 2:25 pm in reply to: 2 million new adobe PPro seats

    Oh…by the way…and it’s only 38 hours a week, so they don’t have to pay for health insurance.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

Page 212 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy