Forum Replies Created

Page 211 of 282
  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 10, 2012 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Pedco Ultraclamp or Others Like It?

    I would tend more toward the Manfrotto (and other) Superclamp – they come in a couple of sizes, and they lock onto just about anything: doors, poles, small children. They will hold quite a bit of weight securely.

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=superclamp&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

    They are made to take standard lighting fixtures in the socket, but there are all kinds of adapters (they often call them “spigots”) that make it able to hold 1/4-20 mounts – it actually has a 1/4-20 female thread on the front. Here’s a particularly ingenious one I just ordered from Hong Kong (I have yet to see them in the states) that gives you a whole bunch of mounting options:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/190657896758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm in reply to: The Mac Pro we dream about?

    No, but it has a magical little one-button mouse and thousands of apps.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 9, 2012 at 4:39 pm in reply to: “Fluid” head for use on a monopod

    Here’s one which gets good ratings on Cheesycam and is favorable graded on the B&H website:

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/152289-REG/Velbon_PH_368_PH_368_2_Way_Panhead.html

    I have almost the identical one on a Pearstone tripod – a small cheapy I bought from B&H for fast portability, and I must say that the fluid head works very smoothly, without any grabs or jumps. The only thing missing on the one I have with the model on B&H is the drag adjustment. For 29 bucks, I don’t think you can go wrong – I’m close to buying one for my slider/roller and my monopod.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 9, 2012 at 1:56 am in reply to: Scores in Audition?

    It appears that Audition is made for using loops in a multi-tracking situation. You may want to keep a copy of Soundbooth around – some of the scores were pretty nice. Here’s a short comparison of the two:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Soundbooth

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    May 9, 2012 at 1:52 am in reply to: Realistic Waving Flag/Banner Effect?

    Nevin is correct – while you can do some pseudo waving distortion maps in After Effects without plugins, they’re pretty hokey looking. Zaxwerks 3D Flag is the best of the lot short of cloth simulations in true 3D software. The only shortcoming is that it’s a one trick pony – make sure your project will more than pay for the plugin.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Sorry Alex –

    By manager I meant that, with an intelligent folder and keyword setup, one can easily keep track of thousands of files, review them, annotate them, and coordinate them within projects. Yes – it still takes a qualified nut behind the wheel, so to speak. From what I understand, Prelude, coming with CS6, is going to up the ante as far as doing a rough cut, marking ins and outs, then exporting to Premiere – I hope there’s a way that power is going to be incorporated within, or in conjunction with, Bridge, somewhere down the line.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Thanks for the kudos Alex – I know that you can install two copies of Adobe software, but you’re not supposed to use them at the same time. Bridge really should be available as a standalone – it’s one of the most powerful digital asset management tools out there. Maybe a request to the feature/bug page would move things along.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Hi Jessica –

    Very interesting in discussing this with you – I’m located in Warner, NH, less than an hour away, so I can discuss this with you in person if you wish. I’ve been doing corporate video for upwards of 20 years, writing, producing, and editing for businesses in New Hampshire and all over the world. Feel free to check out my website – there’s quite a bit of stuff in the Video Gallery on my site.

    I apologize for getting to you late on this, but I just noticed your post. The video example you show is mostly stock video and photography, which can be licensed much cheaper than it can be shot, but if you want custom videography, I’m right down the road. Please give me a call if you’re still in the bidding process. Thanks.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Alex –

    You’ll be amazed at the way Bridge can improve and simplify your project management. Here’s a link to an article I wrote for the Cow a while back on managing broadcast assets with Bridge:

    https://magazine.creativecow.net/article/managing-broadcast-assets-with-adobe-bridge

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Just a related note to the purge cache solution – I’ve run into an odd problem now and then, in which Bridge will not let me add keywords or metadata to a file (could be QT, sometimes other formats – no consistency).

    Once again the solution is to Purge Cache – then the file takes the keyword or metadata just fine. Seems odd to me – I did report it as a bug at some point a while back. That said, I just moved up to Bridge in CS5.5, and I haven’t tested this issue out – the problems I had were in CS4.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

Page 211 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy