Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Joseph W. bourke
May 14, 2012 at 7:20 pm in reply to: MacBookPro 15″ rumors from supposedly reliable sourcesGary –
You may want to keep an eye on the offerings at MonoPrice. They have a huge assortment of cables and adapters, and seem to be right on the curve as far as technology goes:
https://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=thunderbolt
I have no affiliation with them, other than that I buy most of my cables, adapters, and a variety of their other offerings. I’ve been very happy with the quality – the price speaks for itself.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm in reply to: MacBookPro 15″ rumors from supposedly reliable sourcesYou’re right, Craig – sorry – when I see ThinkPad, I think IBM. The sad part is it’s sitting right in front of me. I’m pretty much port agnostic – if there’s something that will increase my efficiency, I don’t care if it comes from the Apple or the PC side – I want it. I think that Apple’s decision to keep the TB technology propriety for the length of time it did has hurt its’ chances of widespread adoption, but, as I said, faster is better!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm in reply to: MacBookPro 15″ rumors from supposedly reliable sourcesWow! I’ve had Superfast USB 3.0 on my IBM ThinkPad W510 for almost three years!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 13, 2012 at 2:32 am in reply to: Scripting Basics to Intermediate Tutorials/Lessons/BooksHere’s some more info that will lead you in the right direction:
https://aeportal.blogspot.com/2007/08/scripts-galore-and-as-panels-in-ae-cs3_25.html
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 13, 2012 at 2:31 am in reply to: Scripting Basics to Intermediate Tutorials/Lessons/BooksHi David –
Although the PDF is for CS3, I can’t imagine that the scripting process has changed a lot – it’s a free PDF from Adobe:
https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/aftereffects/pdfs/aftereffectscs3_scripting_guide.pdfGood luck with it!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Hi Brian –
Bear in mind that many of the plugins which work in After Effects also work in Premiere. I have several Red Giant packages, and a number of them work in Premiere – a stunning example is the Magic Bullet Looks:
https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/news/press-releases/archive/item/25/
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
This really leaves me scratching my head. I purchased a dual quad PC a couple of years ago, loaded with Vista Business 64-bit. I was really dreading all of the problems I was going to have, given the bad press that Vista got from many users.
Guess what? I’m still running Vista – doing various upgrades, etc., and I have yet to have a single problem with the OS. I’m running the CS5.5 Master Collection, 3DS Max 2011, Terragen 2, and several other demanding apps – I don’t get what all the complaining was about. Of course, as we always say…”Your system may vary…contents may settle during shipping…etc.”
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 12, 2012 at 8:36 pm in reply to: OT: Soon, you’ll be able to start editing on your way back from the shootWow! You can cut the news story on the crash as you’re going over the cliff! Cool!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Just to confuse the issue, these guys in China receive great ratings, ship fast, and I’ve had no problems with the DSLR rig components I’ve purchased from them:
They have a pretty wide array of monitors, ranging from the downright cheap to pretty affordable, from 5 inch to honking 10 inch leviathans. The specs are all there, so it’s pretty easy to compare the various models with the (much more) expensive Marshalls that you’re considering. Good luck!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Here’s a comparison of the Manfrotto to the above-mentioned Cheesycam pick:
https://cheesycam.com/cheap-velbon-video-fluid-head-review/
The second video down shows a size comparison, but focuses on the Velbon for functionality. Looking on the B&H website, I notice that the Manfrotto gets terrible points for the smoothness of the head, while the waay cheaper Velbon gets great reviews. Maybe the owners don’t know how to adjust drag.
As I said above, I have a version of the Velbon head on a Pearstone tripod, just for fast setups and smooth pans – I also have a massive Manfrotto 3051 with tripod with a set of dolly wheels for my jib setup. I’d give the Velbon head a shot – for 30 bucks you can use it as a paperweight if you don’t like it. It’s a perfect pick for a slider, small dolly, etc..
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com