Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
You don’t what version of Premiere Pro you’re using, but take a look at this:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/creating-special-clips-synthetics.html#id_81455
It may help.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 12, 2012 at 2:36 am in reply to: Associated Press switches to Premiere proI’m with you there, Dennis. The best tools are always chosen when there is a mutual trust between the technical people and those in the tranches.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Some days the brain works, some days the brain takes a day off…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 11, 2012 at 10:16 pm in reply to: adobe bridge cs6 not previews for ANY presetsThat’s strange – I click the Animation tab in After Effects, then choose Browse Presets, Bridge opens, and when I click on a preset, it plays back just fine. Do you have the latest versions of everything?
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 11, 2012 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Associated Press switches to Premiere proAmen Dave! I actually used to have a sign in my office, just to piss off management – it read:
“Don’t ask me – I only know what I’m doing!”
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I believe there’s a pretty good preset in Particular that will put you a good way toward water from a hose. Another option if you have a bit of money to spend is Particle Illusion – it has several killer water presets, from waterfalls to hoses:
https://www.wondertouch.com/default.asp
It can be purchased as a plugin for After Effects, or a free-standing package. I would suggest the free-standing package, since it gives you a lot more under the hood control of particle size, color, and hundreds of other parameters. That said, the presets are so good that you might get away with the plugin version – read up on it. It has a very deep set of capabilities, from explosions, to water, to fairy dust, and more…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
How about a white solid with a feathered mask?
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm in reply to: 3D camera rig and continually rasterising layersOlly –
Are you outputting this to Flash (FLV, or F4V)? If so, as I remember, you can only output vector elements from AE to these formats, which somewhat limits your choices. Of course you can output it as a movie, then convert it to Flash, but the file size is going to be very large. I think that this is why most web elements you see from AE are rather flat looking; you need to go to Flash (the program) to get more functionality – that’s what it’s for. And I believe that the “motion blur”, even in Flash, is really a combination of keyframing effects using a blurred image and a sharp image. Anyone who knows more on this feel free to weigh in.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 11, 2012 at 1:18 pm in reply to: cs6 3d camera tracker – export to 3ds maxI haven’t tried this with CS6, but the description leads me to believe that it might. It worked with CS4 just fine.
https://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=991
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 11, 2012 at 1:19 am in reply to: Is there an Animoto type slideshow software that I can buy and download?On Windows, Windows Live Gallery will allow you to create a slideshow with nice movement and dissolves, and then Share it, with a few different options:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com