Forum Replies Created

Page 105 of 196
  • Joseph Owens

    December 5, 2012 at 4:22 pm in reply to: 2012 Imac and Resolve

    Up to a point.

    This discussion should be in the configuration forum.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    December 3, 2012 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Henry Ford on FCP X

    [Bill Davis] “It cuts video and audio and assembles the same into finished projects really, really well.”

    And the difference between this and the conjectural “horse” would be….???

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    December 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm in reply to: The thing with the masks..

    [Margus Voll] “attack it maybe with mocha pro maybe ?”

    No maybes about it. Especially for the ghost shots that I was seeing, this would be a cakewalk for MochaPro. Hardly any heavy roto but the ability to track perspective and obscured objects outranks Resolves’s multipoint tracker, plus there is the ability to parent tracks to multiple shapes and establish linked hierarchies. Very fast, very precise, exports shapes, data, camera solutions to a multiple number of compositing applications.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    November 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm in reply to: DaVinci Resolve 9.0.4 released

    [akim behoud] “Nothing was fixed (((((“

    No, it was a stability update, and you are correct, none of your requests to convert Resolve into PhotoShop were implemented.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    November 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Avid MC -> Resolve 9.0.4 : Timecode extents errors

    Good question.

    I have a similar situation, but its coming from FCP, but with the same result.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Thatcher Kelley] “Just straight conformed retimes from 60fps to 24fps.”

    What does this mean?

    Did you imbed 59.94 material in a 23.98 timeline (for example), or have those clips been converted to another framebase?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    November 21, 2012 at 4:47 pm in reply to: OT – video file deliverables

    [Paul Dougherty] “-they implied they do not have that kind of expertise in-house.. which can’t be true.”

    Oh, its true. Really creative people have been known to make a virtue of having no technical foundation.

    Anyway, yah, hitting the same issues… H264 is taking over for what they want for their desktops and streams. Many over-the-net distributors insist on XDCam MXF deliveries, which is not much better than a so-so BluRay, but its going to have the hell compressed out of it anyway so that it fits on the broadcasters’ servers. ProRes would be the “glass master” that you may as well keep. And I hear “Uncompressed” at least as I used to know it, less and less but now the ProRes QT is the one that is regarded as “Uncompressed”.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    November 21, 2012 at 4:35 pm in reply to: FCP X and the Future of Editing

    [Walter Soyka] “If you were designing an NLE from scratch, what would your design philosophy be?”

    Storyboard.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    November 21, 2012 at 4:22 pm in reply to: Hmmmm…

    Why is it that every generation thinks they have invented sex?

    yawn. Steenbeck controller on a touch screen, but without the tactility.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Christian Stoehr] “When exporting Pro Res422HQ as a roundtrip with FCP everything looks as in DaVinci, but now for my final roundtrip I want to go out ProRess444 and I get a luma shift.”

    Its probably more than just a luma shift… what is the source codec?

    My observation to this point is that ProRes444, although it is tempting to take advantage of nominally wider bandwidth, is truly only good for preserving either alpha channels (although the round trip from Resolve does not port-through the alpha), or maintaining RGB flow-through. FCP, however, seems ignorant as to how to scale PR444 material which may or may not be Y’CbCr or RGB, depending on the XML flags on the return trip. This will lead to misinterpretation of the media on decode.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 105 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy