Forum Replies Created

Page 1766 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    May 30, 2009 at 3:40 pm in reply to: I do not see in the keyframe FX

    I just answered this when you posted to this thread:

    Can not find keyframe on my window!

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 29, 2009 at 6:37 pm in reply to: Vegas 7.0 causing pc to lock up

    These things are very hard to diagnose. You already updated your drivers which is a good first step. Is it just one project and could it be from corrupt source footage in that project? Did anything change recently on your PC that may be causing this? Any new software that might be in conflict? PC lock-ups don’t allow you to poke around and see what might be wrong so there’s not a lot of options to try.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 29, 2009 at 10:32 am in reply to: Vegas 9 pro and Boris/Prodad?

    I spoke to someone from Boris FX at NAB 2009 this year and I was told that their focus is now 64-bit so I know that they are working on it.

    My problem with Boris RED in Vista 64 started right after I installed the Adobe CS4 Suite. I can’t say for sure that Adobe caused it, but before I installed Adobe CS4, Boris RED worked and after it didn’t. Coincidence? I don’t think so. With all the annoying activation in Adobe products I wasn’t about to uninstall just to find out but no one at Boris has been able to get RED to work on my system and I’m quite disappointed. I have to reboot to XP to use it which means I don’t use it as much anymore. I’m waiting for official Vista 64 support to really find out what’s wrong.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 29, 2009 at 3:47 am in reply to: Vegas Pro 9 and Cineform

    Yea, I’m adding FX and rendering and everything I normally do when I edit. Neo Scene is an indispensable tool to have. It really does a nice job at converting Sony Z1 CineFrame footage into true 24p (which is one of the reasons I like it).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 29, 2009 at 3:38 am in reply to: Vegas 6.0 “Lost Codec”

    Mercalli does a great job and DeShaker does too. I used DeShaker all the time before I bought Mercalli. I just used it stand-alone in VirtualDub. I never used the automated script for it from Vegas.

    I’m sure there are circumstances that DeShaker handles better and others that Mercalli handles better. I also have Magic Bullet Steady which works really well too (it’s an After Effects plug-in). You can’t go wrong with any of them. I’ll tell you that I bought the pro version of Mercalli and I have never used the advanced interface. Usually the presets are fine for the kind of shake that I usually need to remove so the standard $50 version should be adequate in most circumstances. For $50 you can’t go wrong… it’s less than tank of gas for an SUV. 😉

    I haven’t a clue how to fix the codec problem. If a re-install of Vegas doesn’t fix it then you need to call Sony technical support. The template should be there after a re-install. Good Luck,

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 28, 2009 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Sony Vegas – Layout is cut!

    There is nothing you can do to change this. Some applications can adapt their GUI to DPI changes and some cannot. It’s not controllable by the end user.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 28, 2009 at 9:12 pm in reply to: Audio Sync problem

    You didn’t do anything wrong. The crystal clocks in all digital devices are slightly off. It sounds like the one in your PC is off more than the cameras are. This is why you need genlock sync to do multicamera properly. I usually take a feed off the board like you but I use a Marantz PMD-660 field recorder and it’s good for about 15 to 20 minutes and then it drifts. You just have to keep cutting and resyncing.

    PC’s have a habit of multi-tasking at the wrong time. It may be possible that some of the slow down is due to other processes on your computer periodically waking up and stealing some CPU cycles. You might want to consider a dedicated field recorder to keep things more in sync.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 28, 2009 at 6:43 pm in reply to: The size of my whole timeline shrinked.

    You can also double-click on the vertical scroll bar to quickly minimize and restore all tracks (you probably did this by accident).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 28, 2009 at 6:40 pm in reply to: Vegas 6.0 “Lost Codec”

    It’s hard to say what might be wrong. I know that installing the Adobe CS4 Suite on my Vista 64 machine really messed things up. Adobe also installs it’s own MainConcept codecs so this might have something to do with it but my MainConcept templates are fine in Vegas.

    As for DeShaker, I don’t use it. I use Mercalli because it plugs right in (sorry).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 28, 2009 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Sony Vegas – Layout is cut!

    I’m not talking about resolution. I’m talking about changing the DPI under Display Properties | Settings | Advanced or telling Windows to use “Large Fonts” or “Extra Large Fonts” under Display Properties | Appearance. Those are both settings that can mess up applications.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1766 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy